Drink of choice on judgement day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wylie313

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok we all know that the dreaded day is coming up, and whether youre drinking to celebrate or drowning your sorrows i thought it would be fun to get some insight as to what bottle you guys will have on hand as you check.

for me i think i will break out the tanguray, a few ice cubes and a couple of olives. for those of you who will be checking at work, theres always the thermos or water bottle technique, so i dont wanna hear anyone complaining that their boss will freak!

Members don't see this ad.

I just turned 21 recently so I'm still experimenting with drinks. So far, I really like the madori (sp?) sour, appletinis, buttery nipples (YUMMY!), and my all time fave is something called a "adios motherf...." I had a good time ordering that while I was "slightly tipsy" on my birthday. Does anyone know if there's another name for that drink??

So it'll be one of those in my hand while I'm checking scores.... :D

Csv321 said:
I just turned 21 recently so I'm still experimenting with drinks. So far, I really like the madori (sp?) sour, appletinis, buttery nipples (YUMMY!), and my all time fave is something called a "adios motherf...." I had a good time ordering that while I was "slightly tipsy" on my birthday. Does anyone know if there's another name for that drink??

So it'll be one of those in my hand while I'm checking scores.... :D

midori sour... pretty tasty (and it's green!) but doesn't quite pack the punch. if u like sweet shots, u might wanna try the B-52

as for me... bacardi and coke on ice. mmm..

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it might just be due to the fact that I am from the south, but I will be drinking beer. Which beer might be a better question though. It will be Taco Tuesday at Bodegas so I might go for the drink specials....drafts for a dollar.

Champagne for celebrating or if things didn't go so well, vodka and tonic.

draft beers for a buck!? you mind if i check my scores by you and then we can hit up the bar together!!?? im a beer guy myself, but i figured since its such a big occasion i might as well break out the hard stuff, also if i need to get obliterated, it will get me there faster!

choice of beer for me would have to be amstel or heineken

bleh.. not quite the amstel fan... i'd go for stella or heineken. i REALLY like sam adam's october fest but it's only a seasonal beer. :mad:

Adios Motherf.... is a crazy drink. One of those and you're in business, from what I was told, it's just a long island iced tea with some blue color/flavor stuff.

Yeah we have all sorts of drink specials down here in Auburn. Draft beers for a dollar is awesome plus last night I was at a Botchers and you can get a kick ass Long Island(HUGE) for $2.50. I love Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Corona and occasionally we bust out the Patron.

Members don't see this ad :)
Shades McCool said:
Yeah we have all sorts of drink specials down here in Auburn. Draft beers for a dollar is awesome plus last night I was at a Botchers and you can get a kick ass Long Island(HUGE) for $2.50. I love Miller Lite, Bud Lite, Corona and occasionally we bust out the Patron.

long islands for $2.50?!! ::hungover:rool::..

corona's are great too. siigh.. only 1.5 hours before i get off of work.

wylie313 said:
LOL! I gotta know, what is in an adios motherf***er?????? i have to order that one night!!!

I really have no idea what is in it. But OnMyWayThere might be right about it just being a long island iced tea. One of my friends just ordered a shot of it for me at the bar on my birthday. It was a really pretty blue color and tasted kinda citrusy (if that's a word) It was so yummy! Get the shot because I had the actual drink and it wasn't as good because you could taste the alcohol a lot more. I had 3 of them that night.... :D

White Russian!!! Wait, maybe that should be a Black Russian! :laugh: :laugh:

Ok thats it, we need to have a SDN party here in Auburn, Alabama. We can all go to the supper club and get the famous 32oz beers for $2.50 and then have the drunk bus take us home!

Shades McCool said:
Ok thats it, we need to have a SDN party here in Auburn, Alabama. We can all go to the supper club and get the famous 32oz beers for $2.50 and then have the drunk bus take us home!
JEEZ!!!! beer in nyc is soooooo overpriced!!!! 6 bucks is the cheapest you will ever find a heineken in the city. :( and thats just a 12 oz bottle, nothing special lol
im down for the drunk bus!! come to think of it im down for anytthing that has the word drunk attached to it :D

Hey some alchy is for some and not others. Sometimes it makes you do not so bright things, like grab your buddy's date's ass at the supper club. Hahaha too bad for him she grabbed back!

Shades McCool said:
Hey some alchy is for some and not others. Sometimes it makes you do not so bright things, like grab your buddy's date's ass at the supper club. Hahaha too bad for him she grabbed back!

man i gotta get to this supper club :laugh:

Most people would look at the place and say they wouldn't go because it looks like a hold in the wall, but it is by far the best bar in town. I mean 32oz beers for $2.50, come on. The old broken down bus in the back area that has been converted to the "Shot Bus" where you go in to a shot bar. All the best bands come play there. Its actually quite famous, and for what it is worth it is a Playboy Top 100 College Bar.

http://www.wareaglesupperclub.com/

I'm going to down a cocoa mochaccino whey protein shake and then head off to the gym. For better or worse, I'll deal with the high or low there.

Perhaps off to other beverages that evening, but probably nothing all that heavy.

immediately after checking scores i'll probably be too numb to swallow or speak
to celebrate later - if i'm happy, it's cosmos...sadness will be met with shots, beer and either way a cab ride home!

(fingers crossed for a cosmo night)

ms2209 said:
Glass of milk, straight up. :D

hey that could give the hard stuff a run for its money if its a few weeks past the expiration date!

anyone else gonna be swigging something down?? cough syrup, windex, maalox? anything :)

You have to drink a lot of Beer to feel anything, IMO, the best way is to go with wine, I know it sounds, girly, but it gets into your system fast, and as long as you don't buy a cheap ass wine ($2-3 bottle), you won't get a hang over, as for me, unless everything turns out good, I won't be drinking at all, I'll be heading to the library most likely. :(

I'm thinking that a couple of pitchers of margaritas will do the trick!

Since boyfriend is a bartender, I'll have plenty of crazy options.
I think I'll start with Rum Sour, and then maybe get a bucket of margarita mix for the freezer. If scores don't go well, I'll probably be drinking tequila until I pass out. :)

MoCookiess said:
Since boyfriend is a bartender, I'll have plenty of crazy options.
I think I'll start with Rum Sour, and then maybe get a bucket of margarita mix for the freezer. If scores don't go well, I'll probably be drinking tequila until I pass out. :)
haha tequila til you pass out sounds like the best way to go if things dont go well, i will take that into consideration. btw ask your bf if he knows whats in an "adios motherf**ker" we think it just might be a LI ice tea with blue food coloring, but we havent been able to confirm anything :)

ok, quick question: there is a good chance the scores won't be available until tuesday at 9:00AM...so if that's when you get your score, are you gonna drink *right then*? i mean, where i come from, unless you win the lottery, anyone who drinks before 10AM is basically an alcoholic. i don't even like the taste of beer until ~5 in the afternoon. just me? oh well, cheers!!!! :laugh:

as for myself, its alcohol all the way (waiting until that night, however). if my score is good, i shall consume ethanol, if its bad, isopropanol!

superdevil said:
ok, quick question: there is a good chance the scores won't be available until tuesday at 9:00AM...so if that's when you get your score, are you gonna drink *right then*? i mean, where i come from, unless you win the lottery, anyone who drinks before 10AM is basically an alcoholic. i don't even like the taste of beer until ~5 in the afternoon. just me? oh well, cheers!!!! :laugh:

as for myself, its alcohol all the way (waiting until that night, however). if my score is good, i shall consume ethanol, if its bad, isopropanol!

it will depend on the time i guess, if its in the morning, maybe a nice screwdriver then, O.J. is part of a well balanced breakfast!

it will depend on the time i guess, if its in the morning, maybe a nice screwdriver then, O.J. is part of a well balanced breakfast!
good idea, i hadn't thought of that!!!

My favorite, and probably what I'll be drinking on the 15th, is the Irish Car Bomb.

Half a glass of Guiness Draught Beer with a side of a shot 1/2 Irish Whiskey and 1/2 Irish Cream. Drop the shot glass into the glass of beer and down, down, down. If you don't down it it becomes nasty.

It is very, very delicious and three of those and you're in great shape!

I'm going to have 2 cans of red bull mixed with Jaegermeister (Jaeger bomb)...if I do 29 or less I'm going to mix in some Ny-Quil (j/k)

OnMyWayThere said:
My favorite, and probably what I'll be drinking on the 15th, is the Irish Car Bomb.

Half a glass of Guiness Draught Beer with a side of a shot 1/2 Irish Whiskey and 1/2 Irish Cream. Drop the shot glass into the glass of beer and down, down, down. If you don't down it it becomes nasty.

It is very, very delicious and three of those and you're in great shape!
that is one of the greatest drinks ever! and now that guinness draught is in the bottles its easily accessible!!!! im def gonna have to have at least 1 of those!!

Csv321 said:
and my all time fave is something called a "adios motherf...." I had a good time ordering that while I was "slightly tipsy" on my birthday. Does anyone know if there's another name for that drink??
Out here we just call it an Adios...

wylie313 said:
that is one of the greatest drinks ever! and now that guinness draught is in the bottles its easily accessible!!!! im def gonna have to have at least 1 of those!!

Yes, new draught bottles are definately very convenient!

I also like the fact that 9/10 bartenders know what the heck an Irish Car Bomb is so you don't have to walk them through making it.

Anyway, enjoy! I think you definately deserve more than 1.

wylie313 said:
LOL! I gotta know, what is in an adios motherf***er?????? i have to order that one night!!!
All your whites, replace the triple sec with blue curacao, fill with sweet and sour and sprite... shake and garnish with a lemon.

Though let me give you some better ones:

- All whites, fill with sweet and sour, sprite, and chambord... stir and garnish with a lemon. If you pour it right, the only thing you'll taste is the chambord with a hint of lemon after taste... killer drink.

- If you like 151, this is the best one I've ever mixed... 3 parts 151, 2 parts Wildberry Schnapps, 2 parts Peach Schnapps, 2 parts cran, 2 parts sweet and sour... then shake.

Personally, my signature drink is a Mai Tai... I add several "secret" ingredients. Back when I used to pour in clubs, I was once approached by attorney to patent it (into a non-acloholic version of course)... but we couldn't agree on how to split the patent. Since then, I've stopped giving out the recipe, since I might reconsider the idea down the road... :D

superdevil said:

Didn't think about the AM thing, maybe I'll have a bloody mary

The AM thing was why I was talking about the coffee-flavored whey shake in milk.

I can also stand a good beer and lemon juice. Barcelona was amazing in that respect. Just stopping in the sun to order calamari and a beer w/ lemon juice (usually served in a fluted glass) in the noon sun, looking out to the ocean.

Judgement Day will not see the drinking of such spirits.

I have at my house miller light and Malibu. I can always mix something with the Malibu if i run out of beer!! I love a Malibu Sea Breeze. Then probably pass out afterwards. :laugh: