This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anna.c.westmoreland

Reaction score
Hey guys! I was just accepted to Drexel's IHS program for Fall 2019. I noticed there wasn't a recent thread yet for this program and wanted to reach out. Anybody else considering attending? I'm having a lot of trouble finding information about it, so if you happen to be a student/alumnus, I'd love to hear your opinions on how this program prepares you for medical school or really any advice in general! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I am a prospective student looking into this program for 2020 - 2022.

What are your thoughts on this program 1 year in?

How are the classes?

How is the curriculum?

Do you feel that the program has made you a better medical / professional school applicant for the next cycle?

Hello,

How are the classes?

How is the curriculum?

Do you feel that the program has made you a better medical / professional school applicant for the next cycle?
Hi,

I got accepted to the IHS program back in January and was wondering if you submitted your application? There doesn't seem to be a thread for this year so I am looking to connect with future and past students who can give me more info on the program. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I got accepted to the IHS program back in January and was wondering if you submitted your application? There doesn't seem to be a thread for this year so I am looking to connect with future and past students who can give me more info on the program. Thanks!
I applied and haven't received a decision yet. How long did it take for you to get a decision?

Thank you, any interview tips? Also have you figured out any housing situation?
No problem! I remember that the interview was very relaxed and informal imo. I was asked a lot about how I prepared for the mcat, and also about my academic shortcomings. Be prepared to speak openly and honestly, but also try to make your answers positively highlight your strengths. I was not asked about my achievements/experience, and I remember the questions were a mix of standard and "fun" questions. The interview isn't anything to stress over but again be prepared to prove that you are ready to work and can handle the work.

For housing, I am considering renting an apartment near the center city campus or in east falls (near the med school). I say this because I applied to another graduate program at drexel and past/current students have informed us that most ppl live near the med school because that is where they spend majority of their time (not sure if this just applies to students in that program). I received an email from the IHS administrator who provided me with the contact info of the IHS mentors so I can definitely ask them for housing advise!

Reactions: 1 users
No problem! I remember that the interview was very relaxed and informal imo. I was asked a lot about how I prepared for the mcat, and also about my academic shortcomings. Be prepared to speak openly and honestly, but also try to make your answers positively highlight your strengths. I was not asked about my achievements/experience, and I remember the questions were a mix of standard and "fun" questions. The interview isn't anything to stress over but again be prepared to prove that you are ready to work and can handle the work.

For housing, I am considering renting an apartment near the center city campus or in east falls (near the med school). I say this because I applied to another graduate program at drexel and past/current students have informed us that most ppl live near the med school because that is where they spend majority of their time (not sure if this just applies to students in that program). I received an email from the IHS administrator who provided me with the contact info of the IHS mentors so I can definitely ask them for housing advise!
Thank you so much, this helped a lot! I was also looking towards living in the center city area mainly because I want to be near where our classes are located.

Hello! I was recently accepted to IHS and haven't been able to find too much info about it. Did anyone in this thread attend? And if so, do you like it/feel that you'll matriculate into medical school?
Hey guys! I was just accepted to Drexel's IHS program for Fall 2019. I noticed there wasn't a recent thread yet for this program and wanted to reach out. Anybody else considering attending? I'm having a lot of trouble finding information about it, so if you happen to be a student/alumnus, I'd love to hear your opinions on how this program prepares you for medical school or really any advice in general! :)
Hello,

How are the classes?

How is the curriculum?

Hi,

Thank you so much, this helped a lot! I was also looking towards living in the center city area mainly because I want to be near where our classes are located.