Drexel DPMS and Georgetown GEMS Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockopocko81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just a few questions for anyone that has done these programs. How good is Drexel's Pathway to Medical School (DPMS) program? Is it true that if you complete the program succesfully then you really start at their med school once you finish the program? How many of those that did the program start at Drexel med school after completion of the program or even got into another med school. How are the classes? I've heard complaints of the classes not being very good because they are simulcast through video at the campus where the program is at, which is not at the same campus as the med school. DO you get enough financial aid in time to cover the cost, cuz again I've heard complaints of the school not being too good with giving people their financial aid in time.

Now how about Georgetown's GEMS program, has anyone done that and is it good? If you've done the program, what are the chances of getting into georgetown right after finishing the program, or even into any med school. I know this program isn't a direct link into Georgetown's med school, but I read that they encourage you to apply to their med school to see if you get in the fall after you finish the program.

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.