dress code for interviews...............

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanju

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
does anyone know what is the dress code for an interview. i bought a olive coloured trouser and Jacket . would that be proper. also does one need to wear a shrt or would a turtle neck sweater do. Henna, your views on this would be appreciated.

sanju

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with a shirt instead of a sweater. Yes, definitely a suit. ( Olive is a good color too ) :)

thanks henna. i was really in two minds of the colour of the suit. everyone was telling me abt blasck and blue, but can you believe i could not find that in my size. do you think colour of the suit matters a lot and also are there only specific colours that one needs to wear for interviews. eagerly waiting for your reply.

sanju

Members don't see this ad :)
Sanju..

Since we are interviewing at BU on the same day, I now know how to recognise ya! :laugh:

My friend wore olive too.. he got admitted last year, maybe it will be lucky for you as well. ;)

don't forget a tie with the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

thanks henna and totally_Tasha for the help. henna, how does one prepare for the interview. i have gone through the BU website and also the interview feedback. what else do you think i should do. Totally_Tasha, will see you at BU. from your earlier messages i learnt that you are in Dubai(Ithink). have you now come here? how are you preparing for the interview?

sanju

Sanju..

You're right, Im in Dubai.. I still haven't come down to the US (which cost me the UCSF interview, but oh well) .. will be trying for a visit visa in the next few days, so its safe to say my entire future depends on the coming week!

I have not yet begun to prepare for the interview, but when I do, I will be going through the web page, interview feed-back and the threads pertaining to the interviews on the forum. Couple of my batchmates who interviewed at BU this month say that its very laid back, nothing specific to *prepare* for.. so I think our best bet would be to just stay as relaxed as possible, and try and project the best in ourselves effectively! :) C u there!

Tasha

Please advice,

Is it necessary to wear a shirt with a tie for women??? I have generally seen women without a tie in formals....
Just curious:)

No tie required for girls, but should go in a buisness suit.

Thanks for the jiffy reply ritu, thanks:)