dragon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinchandBurn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi any of you all in PP using something besides drgon. I like that i can pair with me phone and i can have 'smart phrases'.

It's always not the best at picking things up correctly.

I am paying like $69-99 or so . I just kept with it since i started 2 years.

With all this AI talk etc, anyone using something that's better and more cost efficient?

Members don't see this ad.

Look into Dragon’s DAX system.

However Our field has so much BS documentation boxes to check I feel that the ambient systems are somewhat cumbersome because you either have to say the templates or add them later.

It all sucks.

Reactions: 1 user
I think Dragon and dot phrases are the way to go. AI is great for any different specialty that doesn’t have insurers looking to deny procedures unless you have the precise specific phrasing and template. I’ve used a few and they’re all too generic with what they put in

Members don't see this ad :)
I hate voice dictation so I took the time to build out almost everything in TextExpander - procedure/op notes, 80-90% of chart notes, documentation to hit LCD doc requirements, etc.

Not as nice as dot phrases in Epic, but does a good job in my opinion.

I think Dragon and dot phrases are the way to go. AI is great for any different specialty that doesn’t have insurers looking to deny procedures unless you have the precise specific phrasing and template. I’ve used a few and they’re all too generic with what they put in
Agreed.. but dragon is fairly expensive... surprised nothing cheaper

We use mmodal at my practice. Can use commands and dot phrases to speed things up. Accuracy of dictation is the same as dragon. Have been told it is slightly cheaper, but I don’t know what we actually pay for it.

You can use the smart phrases in dragon and leave anything that you occasionally change as an edit box and then hop from one box to the next with the controller.. that’s what I do for all my procedures. Same for my notes. I have a template that hops from one input field to the next with the controller. Takes some time to set up but worth it.

I started using GetFreed AI scribing and love it. I just flip it on, and out pops a good note at the end of the visit. It catches things the patient said that go in one ear and out the other. My assistant reviews the patient's intake and imaging with the AI before the patient comes in, that way it has the basic story down before I walk in the room. Notes need very little editing. I have macros to stick on the end of notes for all the prior auth requirement crap and billing verbiage. I like the itemized assessment and plan. Makes that visit look way more complex than I have the patience to free dictate on my own.

Reactions: 6 users
I started using GetFreed AI scribing and love it. I just flip it on, and out pops a good note at the end of the visit. It catches things the patient said that go in one ear and out the other. My assistant reviews the patient's intake and imaging with the AI before the patient comes in, that way it has the basic story down before I walk in the room. Notes need very little editing. I have macros to stick on the end of notes for all the prior auth requirement crap and billing verbiage. I like the itemized assessment and plan. Makes that visit look way more complex than I have the patience to free dictate on my own.
Nice. How’s the cost?

Hi any of you all in PP using something besides drgon. I like that i can pair with me phone and i can have 'smart phrases'.

It's always not the best at picking things up correctly.

I am paying like $69-99 or so . I just kept with it since i started 2 years.

With all this AI talk etc, anyone using something that's better and more cost efficient?

You gotta train the dragon, then you are good to go. I like it. Phone app does not work well for me though.