Dr Rey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Footballsurgeon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys usually when i see something interesting in plastics via the media I post it on here. Dr Rey is a very colorful personality to say the least, and he always seems to elicit a very strong response on sdn. Wanted to see what you guys think of his appearance on The Young Turks

http://www.youtube.com/user/TYTInterviews#p/u/9/KhFi8TCOfQY

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why I insist on responding to posts about Dr. Rey but for some reason bad doctors who give good doctors a bad name really bother me.
#1: He did not complete a G-surg residency
#2: He did not attend UCLA med school
#3: He is not a board certified plastic surgeon
#4: He is not a harvard trained plastic surgeon
#5: In LA we see plenty of his patients who are not happy with their surgery or who are victims of his botched procedures

He is a clown, fair and simple.

If I remember correctly, he did a fellowship in breast aesthetics at BID in the Harvard system. While it might be a bit disingenuous, he can claim Harvard training in Plastics.

I don't have much respect for him, but you have to admit that he's a genius at marketing himself. I thought the episode where he could only observe on an Operation Smile trip would make him look like a tool, but he came through smelling like roses.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the episode where he could only observe on an Operation Smile trip would make him look like a tool, but he came through smelling like roses.

OMG! :scared:

In the little ad thingie, he makes it seem as though he organized the entire trip.

I don't know why I insist on responding to posts about Dr. Rey but for some reason bad doctors who give good doctors a bad name really bother me.
#1: He did not complete a G-surg residency
#2: He did not attend UCLA med school
#3: He is not a board certified plastic surgeon
#4: He is not a harvard trained plastic surgeon
#5: In LA we see plenty of his patients who are not happy with their surgery or who are victims of his botched procedures

He is a clown, fair and simple.

He did 3 years of G-surg at Harbor-UCLA then a plastics fellowship and then an aesthetic fellowship at Harvard (hence the token "Harvard" sweatshirt). Clown, maybe. Marketing genius, definitely.