Dr. Collins 2015, tell me if I got ripped off...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gladlyfocused

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there supposed to be an update for January, July and September 2015 in the Dr. Collins 2015-16 study guide and are they clearly labeled as such? Some sections only show updates till 2008 or 2010. I think there was one up to 2014. Nothing past that.
I need to make sure I didn't get ripped off.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The Dr. Collins guide is as thick as a chemistry textbook (all material, reading, chemistry, etc), so expect a lot of material. My Dr. Collins material had filled up about three binders.

The Dr. Collins guide is as thick as a chemistry textbook (all material, reading, chemistry, etc), so expect a lot of material. My Dr. Collins material had filled up about three binders.
Thank you for replying. Yes, it is a lot of pages but I don't believe its the 2015-16 version. Is there a way I can know for sure?

Last edited:
Thank you for replying. Yes, it is a lot of pages but I don't believe its the 2015-16 version. Is there a way I can know for sure?

The Dr. Collin's 2015 is incredibly unorganized (this is coming from someone who spent $400 on it). No doubt, it's incredibly valuable when you're reading the material and doing the practice questions ... but don't expect it to be edited to 2016 standards. The font is very old, the graphics are minimal, and the pages are unorganized/inconsistent. What's constant, however, is the validity of the information and the ways it can help you.

If you want something aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate, go grab a Kaplan. If you want valuable info, stick with Collins.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there supposed to be an update for January, July and September 2015 in the Dr. Collins 2015-16 study guide and are they clearly labeled as such? Some sections only show updates till 2008 or 2010. I think there was one up to 2014. Nothing past that.
I need to make sure I didn't get ripped off.

Thanks!
It depends on when the person you bought it from purchased it. Dr. Collins redoes the packets right before the new year, and when there is a new exam he creates 'updates'. So if they bought it in January 2015 there should be updates no earlier than January 2015, at least that is how my packet was when I bought it in July this year, it came with January and July 2016 updates.

Reactions: 1 user
It depends on when the person you bought it from purchased it. Dr. Collins redoes the packets right before the new year, and when there is a new exam he creates 'updates'. So if they bought it in January 2015 there should be updates no earlier than January 2015, at least that is how my packet was when I bought it in July this year, it came with January and July 2016 updates.

Thank you for replying. You explained it exactly the way I was thinking. My suspicions are right, I did get ripped off. At least I'm in the process of getting my money back.