DPT Wait List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT Colorado

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been placed on multiple waitlists and was wondering typically how many people are pulled from the list for each cohort? I know this probably varies a great deal but in anyone's personal experience what has it been? I have put a deposit down for one program already but still would like to get into my #1 choice from the waitlist. For example, when a program enrolls roughly 70 but has accepted around 100 applicants in previous cycles does that mean 30ish applicants were pulled from the waitlist? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that kind of information is public, but I can tell you that people have been pulled off the waitlist the week before class starts. So if you want to keep your options open, let your first choice school know that you are still interested and that you would definitely commit if they offered you a spot. And keep telling them that every month until the semester begins.

However, since you already have an offer and have a deposit paid for that school, you should continue to plan as if you are going to start there. Try not to live in limbo. If you do get an offer to your first choice school, then you can decide. Until then it is like Schrodinger's cat.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think that kind of information is public, but I can tell you that people have been pulled off the waitlist the week before class starts. So if you want to keep your options open, let your first choice school know that you are still interested and that you would definitely commit if they offered you a spot. And keep telling them that every month until the semester begins.

However, since you already have an offer and have a deposit paid for that school, you should continue to plan as if you are going to start there. Try not to live in limbo. If you do get an offer to your first choice school, then you can decide. Until then it is like Schrodinger's cat.
Do you think emailing admissions will be beneficial or will it come across as pushy?

It isn't pushy if you phrase it as an update. Let them know that you are still interested in staying on the waitlist, that they are still your first choice school, and that you will definitely enroll if offered the chance.