DPT Interview with an Injury - Splint vs. no Splint

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megsmans

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to interview next week for a DPT program, but I currently have a TFCC tear in my right wrist. I'm trying to decide if I should wear my bivalve splint. It's a bulky and uncomfortable splint, but it reduces my pain. If I wear it, my pain will be reduced, and I would probably stand out. On the other hand, I don't want interviewers to think I may not be able to perform my PT duties with the injury, and I don't want to be known/remembered just for my injury. It won't do any further damage to go without the splint for a few hours, but would it be beneficial? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Physical therapists, of all people, will definitely NOT judge you by your injury, or for wearing a splint! I suggest making your decision based on how YOU will feel best during the interview. If you have less pain, you will be able focus more on the interview. However, if you are so self-conscious about wearing the splint that you would be distracted, then it might be better not to wear it. Just remember, the decision of whether to wear it or not will very likely not affect the decision from the interviewer's point of view, so do what will help you be your best on your interview day.

Reactions: 2 users