DPT Application Cycle 2019-2020 - 2020 start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Early Decision: No
Regular Decision: MUSC, UMES, UCF, St. Augustine, U. South Alabama, UNF, FIU, USF, Emory, U. South Carolina

#1 choice: I don't have a top choice yet

Accepted: St. Augustine, MUSC, USC
Interview granted: Emory (11/15), St. Augustine (11/22)
Waitlisted: None
Denied: None

Attending: I haven't decided yet. I'm too excited and need to look into each school more before committing.:soexcited:
I was also accepted into MUSC today! Congrats !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Regular Decision: CSUS, CSULB, Samuel Merritt, UCSF/SFSU, USC, UOP, USA-San Marcos (Fall), CSUN

#1 choice: CSU Sacramento

Accepted: USC
Interview granted: USA (12/3), UCSF (1/10-1/11), UOP (1/31)
Waitlisted: TBD
Denied: TBD

Attending: TBD

Good luck all!
When did you hear back from USC?

Members don't see this ad :)
Regular Decision: MUSC, Belmont, Duke, Emory, Central Arkansas, Emory and Henry, Ohio University, Chatham University, University of Toledo

#1 choice: MUSC!

Accepted: Chatham, Emory and Henry, MUSC
Interview granted: Chatham, Emory and Henry, Emory, OU, Toledo,
Waitlisted: Belmont, OU
Denied: tbd

Attending:tbd

Update!

Reactions: 1 user
When did you hear back from VCU?
As a VCU student, I applied early to the program as a sophomore through their Guaranteed Admission program!

However, I know they sent out their first wave of acceptances yesterday afternoon.

As a VCU student, I applied early to the program as a sophomore through their Guaranteed Admission program!

However, I know they sent out their first wave of acceptances yesterday afternoon.
Ah! That explains it! ;)

I heard of a few people getting in a while ago (regular decision, not EA). I applied regular back at the beginning of September so I was just trying to figure it out. Thanks for your answer though!

Updating!

Early Decision: Nope
Regular Decision: University of St. Augustine

#1 choice: US of A

Accepted: US of A
Interview granted: US of A
Waitlisted: none
Denied: none

Attending: US of A! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update

Early Decision
: No

Regular Decision: CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge, CSU Long Beach, Western University of Health Sciences, West Coast University, Chapman University (both cohorts), Loma Linda University, University of St. Augustine (Summer 2020), UNLV, and South College

#1 Choice: Dependent on where all I get accepted.

Accepted: University of St. Augustine (Summer 2020) & South College (June 2020)

Interview granted: South College (interviewed on 10/30/19), University of St. Augustine (interviewed on 11/5/19), Fresno State (interview is on 2/1/20), WesternU (interview is on 1/30/20)

Last edited:
UPDATE! Just heard back from VCU -- Accepted! Now I don't know what to do! I previously committed to GWU last week because I decided to stay in the DC area. But VCU is a GREAT program and SO MUCH CHEAPER (like half the price of GWU). Ahfbskjkjdskl!!! Help! :inpain:

Regular Decision: University of Pittsburgh, Chatham, George Washington University, Marymount, Virginia Commonwealth University, MGH IHP, Ohio State University, Ohio University

#1 choice: George Washington University??? VCU???

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh (11/12), Chatham (11/14), GWU (11/26), Ohio University (12/2), Marymount (12/2), VCU (12/6)
Interview granted: Chatham (interviewed 11/2), GWU (11/15), Marymount (11/23), Ohio University (11/22), MGH IHP (12/7), Ohio State (12/14)
Waitlisted: None yet
Denied: None yet
Attending: ???
Congrats on VCU!! I was accepted to George Washington as well, I really loved the program and location! I haven't heard back from VCU yet though, would you mind sharing your stats?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from the University of South Carolina?
Some people in the USC specific thread said they heard back this past Friday. Last year I got my rejection letter around Christmas. Haven’t heard anything so far this cycle aside from the email saying when they would expect to send decisions out, late November to March.

Has anyone heard from Wayne State in Michigan or know if they send out rejection letters? Still haven't heard them and wondering if they let you know if you don't make the cut.
I still haven't heard anything from Wayne. I would think within the next week or so for a possible interview.

Has anyone applied to or heard from Pacific University in Oregon? That's the one school that interviews that I haven't heard back from yet!

Regular Decision: Radford, Murphy Deming, Gannon-Erie, Gannon-Ruskin, Clarkson, Scranton, Messiah, ETSU, Mount Saint Joseph, Thomas Jefferson, and Saint Francis

#1 choice: Radford or MDCHS

Accepted: Clarkson (10/21) Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences/Mary Baldwin (11/13), Thomas Jefferson (11/13)

Interview granted: Thomas Jefferson (11/7), Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences/Mary Baldwin (11/9), Radford (11/21), Messiah- Declined their invitation

Waitlisted: n/a
Denied: n/a

Attending: as of right now MDCHS!!!! :soexcited: :soexcited:
if accepted to Radford would you unenroll in MDCHS? jw as I applied to both

Early Decision: None
Regular Decision: VCU, Radford, ODU, MDCHS

#1 choice: VCU

Accepted: tbd
Interview granted: MDCHS (11/8), Radford (11/22)
Waitlisted: MDCHS
Denied: tbd
Attending: tbd

UPDATE! Just heard back from VCU -- Accepted! Now I don't know what to do! I previously committed to GWU last week because I decided to stay in the DC area. But VCU is a GREAT program and SO MUCH CHEAPER (like half the price of GWU). Ahfbskjkjdskl!!! Help! :inpain:

Regular Decision: University of Pittsburgh, Chatham, George Washington University, Marymount, Virginia Commonwealth University, MGH IHP, Ohio State University, Ohio University

#1 choice: George Washington University??? VCU???

Accepted: University of Pittsburgh (11/12), Chatham (11/14), GWU (11/26), Ohio University (12/2), Marymount (12/2), VCU (12/6)
Interview granted: Chatham (interviewed 11/2), GWU (11/15), Marymount (11/23), Ohio University (11/22), MGH IHP (12/7), Ohio State (12/14)
Waitlisted: None yet
Denied: None yet
Attending: ???
Do you have an update of your decision?? I have lived in Richmond my whole life and that's why VCU is my top choice as it can save me money living at home. Rent can be fairly pricey here depending on where you decide to live.

if accepted to Radford would you unenroll in MDCHS? jw as I applied to both
Hi! If accepted to Radford I’d still choose MDCHS! I currently go to radford for undergrad so before the application cycle I actually planned on radford being my #1 since it was the only PT programs I visited and being already accustomed to the area. However, interview day actually made me change this decision- I thought it was unorganized and it seemed rushed rather than like the professors are trying to get to know you. On the other hand, my interview experience was incredibly better at MDCHS ( a school I didn’t visit until Interview day) and I just feel in love with the program that day. Radford is still an incredible program but I don’t think it’s for me and prefer MB!

Was just selected as an alternate pre-interview for Creighton. Has anyone else heard the same thing? What are the chances of being admitted off the wait list?

UPDATE

Regular Decision: UCSF/SFSU, SDSU, Samuel Merritt, USA in San Marcos, West Coast, UOP, Western U, Chapman, Touro Nevada, A.T. Still

#1 choice: UCSF/SFSU

Accepted: TBD
Interview granted: A.T. Still 10/30, UCSF/SFSU 1/10-11, USA in San Marcos 1/14, Western U 2/5
Waitlisted: A.T. Still (cohort was filled, conditional acceptance), Touro Nevada

Strongest point of my application is many diverse observational experiences 1000+ hours in inpatient acute hospital/SNF and outpatient geriatric ALF/ILF / neuro / orthopedic. I'm a tech at a SNF and float to an outpatient geriatric clinic. GRE is 157V/158Q/5.0

Weakest point is that cGPA, and pGPA are average with increased trend in last 60 units.

After lurking for a while I'm finally posting on SDN. Really hoping to have the wonderful opportunity to attend a DPT program in about a year from now. Still playing the waiting game at the moment. Good luck to everyone. :)

Last edited:
Regular Decision: ATSU, MWU-glendale, Duke, WCU, MUSC, UW-Madison

#1 Choice: would attend all

Accepted: TBD
Interview Granted: ATSU, WCU
Waitlisted: MWU

UPDATE: Have my second acceptance, Wisconsin-Madison!

Reactions: 2 users
Early Decision: none
Regular Decision: Pacific University, CSU Fresno, CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge, Samuel Merritt, Western University, West Coast U, USF, Univ of Washington

#1 choice: any tbh.

Accepted: Western U, Pacific U
Interview granted: pacific university (1/18), csu fresno (2/1), western u (1/14), west coast (1/31)
Waitlisted:CSU LB, CSUN , USF
Denied: Samuel Merrit,

Attending:tbd

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

Regular Decision: CSUS, CSULB, Samuel Merritt, UCSF/SFSU, USC, UOP, USA-San Marcos (Fall), CSUN

Accepted: USC, USA San Marcos
Interview granted: UCSF (1/10-1/11), UOP (1/31), CSU Sacramento 1/25!!

Good luck all!

Has anyone applied to or heard from Pacific University in Oregon? That's the one school that interviews that I haven't heard back from yet!
I heard from Pacific University on Friday. Initial interview invites have been sent but my application is still in consideration.

Final UPDATE!!!!

Regular Decision: UNLV, Touro-Nevada, South College, Regis University, MidWestern University-Glendale, Pacific University, Rocky Mountain University

#1 choice: UNLV

Accepted: South College June 2020 cohort, UNLV, Touro-Nevada, Midwestern-Glendale
Interview granted: MidWestern University(11/11), UNLV(1/24), Pacific University(1/11)declined ,next round for Touro Nevada...supplemental application sent (1/3), South College online interview (1/4), Rocky Mountain..declined
Waitlisted: Midwestern-Glendale
Denied:Regis

Attending: UNLV!!!!

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

Interview granted: UCSF (1/10-1/11), UOP (1/31), CSU Sacramento 1/25!!

Good luck all!

Hi!!! I also got an interview at Sac and had a quick question. In the email it doesn't say that we need to accept the interview invitation, right? We just have to call on/after January 9th to schedule the time slot we want?

Applied: UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Governors State
Acceptance: UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Governors State
Attending: probably UIC, but it seems like they do not offer any sort of scholarships for students... anyone know if this is true?

Regular Decision: University of Washington (Seattle), Eastern Washington University, Regis University, University of Nevada Las Vegas, Touro University Nevada, West Coast University, Franklin Pierce University Arizona, Pacific University, University of Miami

#1 choice: I have a top 3, in no order: UNLV, UW, EWU

Accepted:
Interview granted: University of Miami (11/8)
Waitlisted:
Denied:

I got interview invites to Pacific U, UNLV, Regis U, and West Coast U! However I denied my interview to west coast because it is the same day as Regis, I hope someone else on here gets and interview there now. I’m just waiting to hear back from Eastern Washington U, and University of Washington!

Go to the cheapest school you get into. Where you go to school doesn’t matter. Save yourself from working for only a fourth of your paycheck because the rest of it has to go to your student loan payments

Interview granted: UCSF (1/10-1/11), UOP (1/31)

Good luck all!
You had your USA-sm interview for Fall already?? When did you interview? They told me the first round was Jan 14th for the fall

Regular Decision: Sacramento State, CSU Northridge, CSU Long Beach, Chapman (Summer), Chapman (Fall), Franklin Pierce (AZ), Western University, George Fox University, West Coast University, Puget Sound, Univ. of Washington, Eastern Washington, Univ. of Montana, Washington University in St. Louis, Univ. of South Carolina, Northern Arizona University (NAU)

#1 choice: no preference!

Accepted: Washington University of St. Louis (waitlisted first, then admitted), Franklin Pierce
Interview granted: West Coast Univ (declined); Montana
Waitlisted: n/a
Denied: Western University, NAU, Sac State, George Fox

Attending: n/a as of now

Regular Decision: Pacific University, USC, Chapman (Fall), Sac State, University of Montana, Puget Sound, NAU, Fresno State, Northridge, Duke, Western Carolina

#1 choice: not sure yet...

Accepted: USC, NAU, Northridge
Interviews granted: Duke (11/4), Western Carolina (11/13 - declined), Pacific University (1/11), Sac State (1/25), Fresno State (2/1), Montana (2/1 - going to decline)
Waitlisted: Duke (I had to do an online interview and I think the team based learning activity is what brought me down)

Attending: still deciding
Any insight into any of the schools is greatly appreciated!

Regular Decision: Pacific University, USC, Chapman (Fall), Sac State, University of Montana, Puget Sound, NAU, Fresno State, Northridge, Duke, Western Carolina

Interviews granted: Duke (11/4), Western Carolina (11/13 - declined), Pacific University (1/11), Sac State (1/25), Fresno State (2/1), Montana (2/1 - going to decline)
Waitlisted: Duke (I had to do an online interview and I think the team based learning activity is what brought me down)

congrats! when did you get a response from Northridge?

Congrats! May I also ask what your stats are?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sure!

College: UC Davis
Major: Biological Sciences
cGPA: 4.0
pGPA: 4.0
GRE: V - 164, Q - 162, AW - 5.0
Observation Hours: 222 hours in different outpatient and inpatient settings
EC: Different community service activities over the years including working at my schools pantry, was a research associate at the UC Davis Hospital's Emergency Department, did research in an atmospheric chemistry lab my first two years and got to be a co-author on the resulting publication (this was before I knew I wanted to do PT), was a learning assistant for microbiology for a quarter, and I did research this past summer in a Human Performance Lab.

I went to NAU for undergrad and it is a really really beautiful area. I can’t speak to their PT program, but I absolutely loved living in Flagstaff. Maybe think about where you want to practice after school. California has a lot of laws as opposed to other states and CA PT schools will teach you all of those.

College: Wake Forest University
Major: Health and Exercise Science
cGPA: 3.57
pGPA: about the same
GRE: V - 159, Q - 154, AW - 4.5
Observation Hours: 100 hours in inpatient and outpatient settings.
EC: Research Fellowship, Personal Trainer, President of Best Buddies, Teaching Intern, Respite Caretaker for Woman with Autism, Fitness Attendant, Volunteer at Children's Hospital, Sorority, Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Applied: Boston University, Columbia, MGH IHP, MCPHS, Northeastern, Simmons, Stony Brook, Wash U STL
Accepted: Columbia (11/18 after interview on 11/8), MGH IHP (12/17), MCPHS (10/23 after interview on 10/9), Simmons (12/21 with merit scholarship), Wash U STL (10/2)
Rejected: Stony Brook (11/22)
I'm having a hard time choosing a program and would appreciate any advice. I am between Wash U STL, Columbia, and MGH IHP, but am also considering Simmons because of the scholarship I received. Any helpful information is so appreciated!

I went to NAU for undergrad and it is a really really beautiful area. I can’t speak to their PT program, but I absolutely loved living in Flagstaff. Maybe think about where you want to practice after school. California has a lot of laws as opposed to other states and CA PT schools will teach you all of those.
Yeah when I went to NAU for the interview I loved the vibe I got from the town! And that is true, I haven't thought about that before so I should probably consider where I want to practice. I feel like I am pretty open to living anywhere at this point.