Don't laugh...Hairstylist to Radiography tech/ Sonography

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katieblueiz

Rad tech Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone could give the comparisons b/t Rad. Tech and Sonography.
I am headed toward Rad. Tech, only b/c the school is closer. But I think I would be interested in vascular Sonography or Echo.
What would the transtion be if I finished with Rad tech and moved onto Sonography. How much more school would that be and would it benefit me to have a Rad tech backer?
Also, I am having the most difficult time getting my foot in the door of the medical field in ANY form...even clerical in a office.
Any suggestions? I have tried every hospital in North Metro Atlanta/Cobb Cty. And a few web based placement services-EVEN my school career services center has nothing.
Any advice or suggestion is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what to suggest. I don't know anything about rad tech programs. I wish I could help you, but you may find more assistance specific to your program in another forum. This is pre-med, so I can share info on nontraditionals taking pre-med prereqs and hospital volunteering for those in a undergrad pre-med program, but I'm not sure about people in pre-health, as the programs and requirements are different. Good luck in your educational pursuits!