Program-Specific Info / Q's Dominican University Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

study_fly

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone received an interview invitation or know when to expect invitations? Interviews will be held on March 21 & 22 this year according to their website (http://www.dominican.edu/admissions/graduate/programs/msot)

Thanks~

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I just got an email today inviting me to interview on the 22nd. Apparently it is a group interview and only lasts about 45 minutes. I hope you hear back from them!

Yay, I got an interview invite this morning (3/4/14) at around 11:30am for a 3/21 11-11:45 interview. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I got my interview invite today as well for March 22nd, 9AM. However I declined it just now. Good luck everyone :)

Does anyone know if they're done giving out interview invites?

Does anyone know if they're done giving out interview invites?

They did mention that they would give another applicant my interview slot since I declined, perhaps they're still in the process of waiting for people to RSVP for interviews

I received my interview invitation via email on 03/04.

I got my invite last week Friday for March 22 @11. anyone else with the same time?

Hello all~ I had my interview with morning at Dominican University. I hope that you all did well for those of you that attended! Looking forward to the next big date April 15!

Has anyone heard back from Dominican University MOT regarding accepts, wait list, and denials?

Has anyone heard back from Dominican University MOT regarding accepts, wait list, and denials?
I got an acceptance letter in the mail on Saturday!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard from them on Monday. I was placed on the priority wait list. For those who interviewed on Saturday in the morning at 10AM , it was nice meeting you all! <3

I got an offer last week and I accepted last night. Anyone else accepted their offer?

There's hope y'all. I was placed on the priority waitlist last week but got a call today officially offering me a spot, which I immediately accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! I will be applying for this program next Fall. For those of you who were accepted, would you mind posting your stats (GPA, GRE,Volunteer experience, etc.)? Thank you :)

Hello! bumping this forum up from April. Anyone applying to DU?

@futureOTsj actually I am not sure. I thought it was 30 students but I am not sure where I got that number from. I will let you know if I find it!

@futureOTsj I'm from Hawaii but there are not programs here so I am applying mostly to the west coast. What part of California are you from?

San Jose! That's awesome. I think it Hawaii had a program I would definitely apply.

Sorry about that typo. I meant NO programs lol...
Are you hoping to stay in California? Where else are you applying? Also, have you had a chance to visit any of the campuses? Sorry for all the questions!! haha

Lol! I understood you. But, I'm applying to Dominican, SJSU, Midwestern and looking at a few others out of state. I'm currently a student at SJSU so I've seen all the inadequate things happen within the OT program. Some disorganized professors, admin isn't really on top of things, lost paperwork, etc. I've visited Dominican and the campus is beautiful. Very small town feel but surrounded by the city. I was considering DU for my BS but decided not to since the cost was so high.

Where are you applying?

Thanks for your insight! I haven't been able to visit any campuses so your feedback is really helpful. I am applying to Midwestern, Dominican, AT Still, Samuel Merritt, University of Utah, University of New Mexico, and University of Puget Sound. Might add in a few others but I'm not sure yet.

No problem! I also visited Samuel Merritt. I'm not fond of the environment around the school but the buildings were nice, clean and modern. Met a few of the staff and they seemed to be very passionate about their jobs. I missed the deadline so I won't be applying there.

Their deadline was so early this year. I almost missed it too. When you visited the campuses, did you arrange a campus tour? Did you submit your apps yet?

I know! I actually went to an information session where we met alumni and got info on the program. I didn't tour the campus because it was late at night and construction blocked off a part of the campus. I did not submit my apps yet but I hope to submit asap once I get my final draft of the personal statement. What about you?

Oh okay...so it was like an organized event? I submitted a few weeks ago but it just got verified last Friday. Good luck on finalizing your app. It will feel so good once you've submitted!

Yes it was organized. Thanks @alliecatt! good luck to you as well. I'm hoping for that relief soon lol.

Anyone know how many applicants this program admits a year?

Hi guys, I am a student who applied this cycle? Is this program competitive, has anyone else Applied? If so can you share your stats, I am glad they look at your highest grade when posting prereq gpa.

My stats are
Major: Psych
Minor:Disability and Human Development
Cumulative GPA: 3.27
Last 60 hrs gpa: 3.65
Prereq: 3.44 ( but I still have 3 classes left)
284 hours of OT ( orthotics IP 100, outpatient peds 100, school system 53, outpatient adult 30)

Please let me know if anybody else is applying, and if anybody knows the timeline of hearing back.

Hi @amyOTpeds! I applied to Dominican as well..

Major: Special Major in OT
Last 60: 3.3
Pre req: 3.4
~400 observation hours
2 years working in a private OT peds clinic as an OT aide.

I believe that we will hear from Dominican either late Feb/ early March because the website says that interviews will be held the last weekend in March.. Are you local in the Bay Area? I was wondering what the stats of the current or previous cohorts were but, the school wasn't able to provide that info for me..

Im actually from Chicago, and I really want to get of this weather @futureOTsj! My GRE wasn't that great
150 V and 148 Q I know kind of low, hopefully that and the outstanding prerequisites won't come in the way. I hope I at least get an interview? Do you know how many people actually apply to this school? Ive heard not a lot of people do, but I may be wrong.

LOL! I'm sure you are trying to get away from the snow @amyOTpeds. I want to say about 400 people apply to the school and about 50 students get interviewed for the 27 spots. I'm crossing my fingers for an interview as well! When did you turn in your application? I was really cutting it close and submitted on the 27th.

@futureOTsj Wow 400 is a lot, and they only send out 50 invitations for interviews. I think if I made it to the Interview process I would be fine, I am good at expressing my passion and dedication for OT. But the hard part is getting to the interview. I submitted my application on January 6, but my last document (GRE scores) came in on the 30th. I have a good last 60 hour gpa, and good OT experience, as well as research experience. But the downsides I feel are prereq gpa ( particulary A and P) and GRE score. Its going to be so hard to wait until end of February. Did you have all of your prerequisites done?

Yes, I'm pretty nervous about getting an interview as well but, I'm hoping my experiences will help my chances. The only thing I'm worried about as well would be my GPA and GRE.. But, all my pre reqs and degree are finished. I have all A's except for physio and physics. Did you apply anywhere else?

I applied to FGCU, University of Sciences and both Midwesterns. Did you apply to other schools?

I also applied to both Midwesterns but didn't hear anything.. I was wait listed AT still and i'm interviewing for Touro NV on Thursday.

Atleast you were wait listed at a particular school, I probably won't hear anything until March

No I haven't heard anything from them. Online it says that interviews are late in March so I'm unsure when they start giving out notification of interviews. Anyone know if they call, email or mail the notices?

Not sure how they notify, but I have heard that they start to send notifications near end of February beginning of March. Starting to get nervous.

Got an interview for March 20th! Do any of you all know how many interviews they give out?