DOJ investigation of kickback schem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

robotvascular

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Chiropractor led kickback scheme that recruits podiatrists for vascular referrals now under DOJ investigation. Be careful out there!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Somebody has a lot of splainin to do!

I’m surprised padnet wasn’t mentioned in this article

Members don't see this ad :)
The chiro was promising a big payout to the podiatrists after selling to private equity in 3-5 years…..I can’t imagine that any PE firm would insvest in a shady company like this under DOJ investigation.

It's not like he was really functioning as a chiropractor, he was really just an entrepreneur. Modern Vascular just ran the same business model as his former Physical Therapy therapy venture but this time he got caught.

And it's not just podiatrists, he had a ton of specialties buying in.

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon occurance. It happens with surgery centers, MRI centers, pain management clinics, etc.

****Update****Apparently they are no longer paying the clinician investors (ie the podiatrists) thier cut of the profits citing the DOJ investigation as the reason.

Yeah, they do not have the best rep in AZ and NM. We were advised not to refer to Modern Vascular when I worked in Ariz IHS due to some fairly questionable results.

This sort of thing goes on all over the country (cardio/vasc expectation of referrals/tests in exchange for 'shares,' referrals in return, etc) in one form or another. With so many offices, they put a pretty big target on their back, though.

...but why make an account just to discuss it? :)