Does this even exist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VetMomTexas

Reaction score
Does this even exist??? Is there a paid advisor service? A service that can advise which new classes to attempt and/or which classes to retake? The college advisors are just not as comprehensive as we need. My daughter got 2 years in a row of no's. She knows she needs to put in work to improve, but strategic guidance on exactly which classes to focus on is what she needs. I am an I.T. professional, and I got nothing, folks.

Members don't see this ad.

Does this even exist??? Is there a paid advisor service? A service that can advise which new classes to attempt and/or which classes to retake? The college advisors are just not as comprehensive as we need. My daughter got 2 years in a row of no's. She knows she needs to put in work to improve, but strategic guidance on exactly which classes to focus on is what she needs. I am an I.T. professional, and I got nothing, folks.
I don't know about a paid service, but there's plenty of free advice here. You could encourage your daughter to make a post in the WAMC subforum. What she needs to do to improve depends on why she was rejected the two previous times, and more classes aren't always the answer.

Reactions: 2 users
Does this even exist??? Is there a paid advisor service? A service that can advise which new classes to attempt and/or which classes to retake? The college advisors are just not as comprehensive as we need. My daughter got 2 years in a row of no's. She knows she needs to put in work to improve, but strategic guidance on exactly which classes to focus on is what she needs. I am an I.T. professional, and I got nothing
I have a friend who offers prevet mentoring: [email protected]

I strongly encourage people to *not* use paid services as the vast majority do not have the backdoor knowledge or relationships with schools that make these services worthwhile in human medicine admissions. The data simply isn't available like it is in human medicine.

What your daughter needs:
1) file reviews with schools she was denied at
2) admissions meetings with schools she's interested in
3) accessing the AAVMC public data and school class information (VMSAR(
4) assess where she's at based on that info
5) go from there

All of this is free

For the first time in the last 30-40 years, vet school is as competitive as med school to get into. That means around 45% of people get acceptances. It very well may be that she's qualified but simply not getting in. We'd need to know more info. If she's interested, she should post in the WAMC forum with the appropriate information. Her school list may be poor, she may have poor essays, etc.

Reactions: 5 users