does nbme asscessment result reflect real score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldensnow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am planning to sit step 2 ck on thursday and it is freaking me out. i took nbme and get 640,680 and 660. do u think they can actually predict my score, i just want to reduce some anxiety, cos i feel everything is slipping away and there are tons of things i don;t know and i don' t learn.
anybody can tell me how to pass this few days.

Members don't see this ad.

You should check the threag entitled "USMLEworld scores and Step 2 scores," as many people list their NBME predicted scores vs their actual scores on Step 2 CK. I actually went through the data myself and found that most people tended to score a good bit higher on Step 2 CK than the average of their NBME scores. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's around 10-20 points higher than expected. Your predicted scores are excellent so you should do well on Step 2 CK, even if it were tomorrow. Maybespend the last few days building stamina, getting your sleep/wake cycle down, etc as you should do very well!

You should check the threag entitled "USMLEworld scores and Step 2 scores," as many people list their NBME predicted scores vs their actual scores on Step 2 CK. I actually went through the data myself and found that most people tended to score a good bit higher on Step 2 CK than the average of their NBME scores. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's around 10-20 points higher than expected. Your predicted scores are excellent so you should do well on Step 2 CK, even if it were tomorrow. Maybespend the last few days building stamina, getting your sleep/wake cycle down, etc as you should do very well!

thanks , i really appreciate your reply,

Members don't see this ad :)
That medfriends website is really great. thanks for posting it. I plan to enter my step 2 info when I'm done. I hope others will as well to keep the numbers accurate and reflective of test changes.

thanks again.

i took the nbme form 1 about 3 days before the test and scored equivalent to 262, my actual score was also 262. However I don't think this is always true. I always thought people did better on the real test than on the nbme's.

thanks and congra; for ur great marks, hope i do as well