does losing subject affect gpa?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pearlindia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
i have genuine problem here.i got my course by course evaluation done thru ECE & i got a gpa of 2.55.now i had sent ECE transcripts containing both the attempt marks.& they have put grade for the attempt made when i failed & also the the attemt when i passed.
i want to know if this is right or they should give only one grade for one subject.any advise will be very much appreciated.
pearlindia.

Members don't see this ad.

hi pearleindia,
i too have an attemp in one subject and got my evaluation done from ECE. yes they do mention bot the grades in the evaluation. i reently interviewed at UPenn and BU. i have not heard from either of them, but my interviewer a BU did say that it was the system here to mention both the attempts in teh evaluation. i have a GPA of 2.53 . so dont worry. i am planning to take the part 2 sometime in May. how about you? i have graduated from GDC bombay. where did you graduate in india. congratulations on a terrific score in part 1.
will wait to hear from you.

bye,
sanju

hi sanju,
i got the doubt bcoz i heard from someone that one only has to send the transcripts with pass marks .& that the grade for the 1st attept is not put in the evaluation report.
i graduated from a school in karnataka,kvgdc,sullia.yeah eveni'm preparing for my part 2 .i'll be givin it sometime in june orjuly.
thanxs for the info sanju.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how the system works in India. But around here (the Americas), every single little thing that you ever registered at school, will show up in your transcripts with it's final status. That is, if you registered Anatomy three times, first failed, second withdrew and third passed. ALL three attemps will be reflected at your transcripts.

The same goes if you transferred schools, still, all your attempts will show up.

ECE accounts FAIL subject with "0" GPA and use it to calculate
average GPA and so GPA drops substantially.

:( :( :( :(

thanxs meggs & dentadoc,
i gess i'm in a big mess b'coz of this low gpa,but theres nothing that can be done!