Does it look bad if....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Burns

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I re-apply using the same personal statement from last year? Currently on two wait lists but things are clearly not looking favorable. Considering re-applying and have polished my app up a bit (took classes/new letters/more EC's).

Do you guys suggest I re-write the statement? I put in so much effort into it last year.

Members don't see this ad.

I re-apply using the same personal statement from last year? Currently on two wait lists but things are clearly not looking favorable. Considering re-applying and have polished my app up a bit (took classes/new letters/more EC's).

Do you guys suggest I re-write the statement? I put in so much effort into it last year.

You need to highlight the improvements you've incurred since applying previously.

My belief is that recycling your previous personal statement will come off as lazy to any and all ADCOMs. I mean, they include "optional" essays in the secondary applications to quickly screen out those that are interested in the path of least resistance, do you expect this to fly?

Rewrite in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user
I reused mine but revised parts of it to highlight what I have been doing recently. I spent a lot of time writing the first PS and not much has changed except getting more experience.

Members don't see this ad :)

I was a re-applicant and used the same statement. I was accepted to a school that rejected me first cycle. Don't re-write

Reactions: 1 users
I also re-used my personal statement and the secondaries as well. I did edit slightly and add new experiences but it was minimal. I was waitlisted last cycle and accepted at the same school this year. I recieved more II this year too. Just my experience!

I reused mine, and got accepted to 7. if you have time, sure why not, I didn't.