Does IRR Time From HPSP Count Towards MSO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

customx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does the three years in IRR while on HPSP count towards the eight year MSO?

Members don't see this ad.

Why would it matter anyways?

If you do your hpsp active duty commitment, those 3-4 years on IRR don’t mean anything as long we’re not at war/calling people out of the reserve.

As far I’m aware, you can live your normal life as a civilian.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would it matter anyways?
I remember getting answers like these when I was in...in which I would ask something, usually to inquire about the justifications for why something was being done in a certain way (usually dumb and asinine way), and I would always get an "answer" in which they would totally deflect the question and answer something of which I was not inquiring about.

Yes, I agree, it doesn't really matter if IRR counts or not. Not what they were asking, though. I think they were asking because they wanted to see if they could do the minimum AD payback time and if they had to be on IRR afterwards or not.

Reactions: 1 user
I was on IRR when Covid first hit. The Navy kept asking me if I wanted to go back to active to help with their pandemic efforts. I politely declined. I heard they’ve never “voluntold” GPs in the IRR they’re coming back in. However, I do believe they did that to OMFSers in the first Gulf War.

Big Hoss

No they do not count towards MSO. But they will be computed as years of service when you join the reserves

No they do not count towards MSO. But they will be computed as years of service when you join the reserves
giphy.gif

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 user