does indiana interview everyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBenny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just got a letter from indiana, offering me an interview. however, it seems that they imply that no applications are reviewed until AFTER they interview. i might be mistaken, but i was just curious if anyone knows anything.

Members don't see this ad.

No, no, no, a hundred times, no. I don't know why this question keeps getting asked, and why IUSD is the only school people think this about. I think I'm going to sit down with Dr. Kasberg to let him know this is such a common misperception.

"IUSD will consider your application for admission only after you interview with members of the admissions committee."
- in no way was I implying Indiana was a "lesser" school because it "seemingly" invited all applicants. i just thought it was strange, based on the wording of the letter that I received. Maybe if you ask Dr. Kasberg to change the wording a bit so I, and the many others that you mention, will not be led to this misconception, this might help solve the problem. look forward to visiting IU.

Members don't see this ad :)
MrBenny said:
"IUSD will consider your application for admission only after you interview with members of the admissions committee."
- in no way was I implying Indiana was a "lesser" school because it "seemingly" invited all applicants. i just thought it was strange, based on the wording of the letter that I received. Maybe if you ask Dr. Kasberg to change the wording a bit so I, and the many others that you mention, will not be led to this misconception, this might help solve the problem. look forward to visiting IU.

I would interpret that as "You will not have chance at admission without an interview first." So, they will review your file, but you can't be accepted, or considered for acceptance, until after the interview

Mr. Benny are you in state or out of state?

I've form Indiana and gave em a call a week ago. They said they'll let me know if I have an interveiw in like 2-3 weeks or something. I can imagine if you get to the interview phase you're alright as long as you don't botch it up too bad and you're in state.

i'm actually from out of state.

I was interviewed at Indiana and asked them specifically if they invite all of the applicants. The admission director said no, they invite only 200-250 for 2005 cycle.
Hope this clears everything up.

Good Luck

Hey DDS,
Thanks, that does clear things up. I have an interview there too in two weeks (I'm also out of state) and wondered the same thing as it seems a lot of people here are getting interviews to Indiana.

Thanks!

RachMSU, good luck on the interview!

Speaking of out-of-stators, that interviewing day, I was the only one out-of-state student. Also, they mentioned that all students that make it to interview have equal chances of being accepted and acceptance chance is 1 to 4.

Now, you know the secret :) don't tell anyone :thumbup:

doesn't make sense. if they accept 1 in 4, and they only interivew 200-250, and assuming ALL who get the acceptance take it, that's only 50-60 students.. their class is 100. i think they interview more than that, and that the chance of you getting an acceptance after an interviewer is much higher, probably 1 in 2.

MrBenny said:
i just got a letter from indiana, offering me an interview. however, it seems that they imply that no applications are reviewed until AFTER they interview. i might be mistaken, but i was just curious if anyone knows anything.

i got rejected from them a month ago if it makes you feel any better:)

phosphorylation said:
i got rejected from them a month ago if it makes you feel any better:)

sorry to hear that phospho.
as for the interview deal, raidernation was right on the money.

after going through the interview feedback section of the SDN, i am really glad to see that IUSD's interviews are still the best and most laid back ones. it is really great to see that most of the feedbacks are still positive ones.

the one thing that i can share with you is that if you wanna come to iusd either for an interview or if you wanna attend IUSD for your dental education please do yourself a favor and know what PBL is. IUSD is very much into PBL and you will not be happy being there if you don't know anything about PBL. you don't need to know how to do a PBL session but you do wanna know what its all about.