Does anyone take part in athletic clubs in Dublin while attending university??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benzylique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys are allowed to join university teams... or club teams for any sports you play??

I do track and field... but it doesn't seem too big in ireland haha.

But i'm sure some of you take part in clubs. Get back to me :)

Members don't see this ad.

benzylique said:
Just wondering if you guys are allowed to join university teams... or club teams for any sports you play??

I do track and field... but it doesn't seem too big in ireland haha.

But i'm sure some of you take part in clubs. Get back to me :)

Of course! Why wouldn't you.... :confused:

I'm very involved in rowing. Actually, am Captain-ing this year. It's a very time-consuming sport and involves quite a few sacrifices, but has been worth it. I figure that I'll never be able to train as I am now again, so I might as well take advantage of it. In fact, I'll often put medicine secondary to it...I figure I have the rest of my life to become an expert in medicine, but I only have a short time left to commit to my sport.

My first two years in addition to rowing, I played rugby for College. Although I had to stop because of injury, it was fun!

Harriers clubs (athletics) are quite big here! Well, maybe not as big as the US, but you have a fair few runners here.

er clarification - harriers = track/field + cross country, i think they generally tend to combine into one big running group and not split them up. Plus the actual sport is known as athletics. It's a little confusing when you first join up