documentaries about internal medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TransformerInWestVirginia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any documentaries or books you recommend about internal medicine (or pediatrics or family medicine) residency.

House of God type books or videos (even though I thought that book sucked lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any documentaries or books you recommend about internal medicine (or pediatrics or family medicine) residency.

House of God type books or videos (even though I thought that book sucked lol)

No good documentaries. But several '80s movies come to mind . . . . Die Hard, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Reactions: 1 user
No good documentaries. But several '80s movies come to mind . . . . Die Hard, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Fast Times at Ridgemont High

There's one I saw -
Doctor's Diaries. This was WAY back in the day. Things have changed but it kind was an interesting take where they followed people going into medical school and how things turned out 20 years later.

A non-documentary TV series I enjoyed was A Young Doctor's Notebook. It's 2 seasons but really is pretty up there in terms of good medical TV.

Bare in mind - both are kind of depressing.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a documentary about Harvard residents a long time ago on TV, but I forgot what it was called.

In honor of this thread i rewatched doctors’ diaries. Initial watch was right before MS1 this time just as I begin by 3rd year of practice 13 years later. Wow what a good documentary that was (for sure then even more so now all these years later)

Reactions: 1 user

Cook County ICU: 30 Years of Unforgettable Patients and Odd Cases​

this book is mazing honest and truthful, I heard the audiobook and wasnt bored for a minute