Document Upload

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

littlebluefish

Reaction score
Hi!

I just want to make sure that my understanding is correct: for schools who offer document upload, we can upload documents after submitting the secondary, correct? If I have a manuscript that will be published soon, how do I include that sort of information?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I just want to make sure that my understanding is correct: for schools who offer document upload, we can upload documents after submitting the secondary, correct? If I have a manuscript that will be published soon, how do I include that sort of information?

Thanks!
Has your manuscript been accepted for publication?

If your manuscript has been accepted for publication (or in press), you can provide title, publication date (or date that manuscript was accepted for publication), your place in the list of authorship, and name of organization that will be publishing your manuscript. Alternatively, you can provide PMID when the manuscript is published because some inquisitive adcoms might want to look up your publication.

For updates concerning a manuscript that has been officially accepted accepted for publication, you should follow school-specific instructions provided by schools that accept updates.

Reactions: 1 user

If your manuscript has been accepted for publication (or in press), you can provide title, publication date (or date that manuscript was accepted for publication), your place in the list of authorship, and name of organization that will be publishing your manuscript. Alternatively, you can provide PMID when the manuscript is published because some inquisitive adcoms might want to look up your publication.

For updates concerning a manuscript that has been officially accepted accepted for publication, you should follow school-specific instructions provided by schools that accept updates.
How about a research abstract? One of mine was accepted at a national conference. The school says “you may attach any abstracts here” for their document upload. What information should I attach?

Members don't see this ad :)
How about a research abstract? One of mine was accepted at a national conference. The school says “you may attach any abstracts here” for their document upload. What information should I attach?
You can list your primary position in the authorship for the abstract accepted at the national conference.

Here is an example:

Lee, S. (2022, July 15-20). The care and feeding of cute little tabby cats with extra long whiskers and tails [Conference presentation abstract]. Tenth national conference of the American Feline Medical Association, Los Angeles, CA. If you have an https (hypertext transfer protocol link) for the pdf for the national conference program, you can attach it at the end of the citation.

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks for your response! It still hasn't been accepted for publication yet, but my PI says it's very close to. Fingers crossed the process will be timely! Just to clarify though, I'm able to upload documents (such as updates on my manuscript) to schools' portals even after submitting their secondaries?

You can list your primary position in the authorship for the abstract accepted at the national conference.

Here is an example:

Lee, S. (2022, July 15-20). The care and feeding of cute little tabby cats with extra long whiskers and tails [Conference presentation abstract]. Tenth national conference of the American Feline Medical Association, Los Angeles, CA. If you have an https (hypertext transfer protocol link) for the pdf for the national conference program, you can attach it at the end of the citation.
Ah got it. So they wouldn't be interested in actually viewing the abstract. Btw love the cat research

Thanks for your response! It still hasn't been accepted for publication yet, but my PI says it's very close to. Fingers crossed the process will be timely! Just to clarify though, I'm able to upload documents (such as updates on my manuscript) to schools' portals even after submitting their secondaries?
If the school accepts updates you can use the portal to indicate the acceptance etc (see @Doctor-S post above). If a school,doesn’t accept updates you’ll have to wait until your interview to tell them.

Last edited:
If the school accepts updates you can use the portal to indicate the acceptance etc (see @Doctor-S post above). If a school,doesn’t accept updates you’ll have to wait until you’re interview to tell them.
OK, gotcha! I don't think I originally fully understood @Doctor-S's statement but now I do. Thanks!