Doane Biochem 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

T_Huene

Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking Biochem 1 online at Doane University. I haven't taken O-Chem however if I don't take Biochem then I only have the prereqs done for one CVM. Being that I want to apply this cycle if I can just get this one class then I'll be opened up to applying to several more schools; nearly all of them in fact.

Additionally, what is the situation with schools accepting them... do most/all vet schools in USA accept Doane online Biochem 1 and if you used them what did you think about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Additionally, what is the situation with schools accepting them... do most/all vet schools in USA accept Doane online Biochem 1
You need to contact whatever schools you are planning on applying to and ask them. Even if someone has taken it in the past and applied, the schools that accepted it in the past may have changed whether they will or not.

Reactions: 1 user
If you haven’t taken ochem yet can you even take biochem? At my school ochem was a prerequisite for biochem. I’d focus on doing as well as possible and not rushing trying to cram what are two difficult science courses. If it means you have to wait a year to apply, then that’s fine. You’d have even more experience by then and it’s better to take longer and get excelllent grades than do less than your best and have a downward trend in grades with upper level sciences because you’re taking too much on at once.

But aside from that, I agree with Ski. Call the places you’re wanting to apply to. Some may accept it, some might not. Who knows how Covid has changed acceptance of online courses so you’d be better served to get it straight from the programs than friendly internet strangers.

Reactions: 1 user
Every time I talked to any admissions person from any CVM they said they require a biochem that has O-chem as a pre-req and won't accept one without it. BUT I have heard lots of people here on SDN be okay with Doane's version but I'm not sure what schools did accept it.