Do you think this works? (Lazy Eye Treatment)

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently came across this treatment for amblyopia, and I am wondering if you guys feel that this could be effective. Basically it's a game that shows a different image to each eye, and the player is forced to use both eyes to play the game. There are testimonials saying that it works, but no studies have been done. Here is the page for the crowd funding campaign for the game:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/diplopia-a-vr-game-to-help-strabismus-and-amblyopia

The game runs on the Oculus Rift hardware which you probably have not heard of unless you play video games. It's a screen the user wears on their head that shows a separate image for each eye (this type of hardware is called a head mounted display, or a VR headset).

My questions are:
1) Do you think this could work?
2) If so, do you think it could work better than existing treatments?
3) Is there anything like this out there already?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently came across this treatment for amblyopia, and I am wondering if you guys feel that this could be effective. Basically it's a game that shows a different image to each eye, and the player is forced to use both eyes to play the game. There are testimonials saying that it works, but no studies have been done. Here is the page for the crowd funding campaign for the game:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/diplopia-a-vr-game-to-help-strabismus-and-amblyopia

The game runs on the Oculus Rift hardware which you probably have not heard of unless you play video games. It's a screen the user wears on their head that shows a separate image for each eye (this type of hardware is called a head mounted display, or a VR headset).

My questions are:
1) Do you think this could work?
2) If so, do you think it could work better than existing treatments?
3) Is there anything like this out there already?

It looks very similar to the HTS software but just a lot cooler. This had the nice goggles so they can play a virtual reality game but it still seems to be doing the same thing as HTS by presenting dissimilar images. Perhaps the varying degree of dissimilar images of this software works better with adults? That is my two cents. Interesting product though :)

Thanks for responding. Are the HTS products known to be effective? Are they widely used?