Army Do you need to have a bachelor's degree to apply for HPSP army?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LFA20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am currently a senior and have gone to few dental school interviews so far and I will find out next week if I get accepted. I was told by my recruiter that she can NOT submit my application without me having my bachelor's degree. I was supposed to graduate after this fall semester but I needed to drop a class(non-prereq) and finish in the spring of 2014 instead. So now I could only hope that there will some scholarships left in may when I get my degree.

does anyone have any experience with this? I feel like it doesn't make sense that they can't give me a conditional acceptance. Also, don't students usually graduate in the may? so we have to graduate early or take a semester off in order to be early for the scholarship? this is strange...

Members don't see this ad.

You have to be in line to graduate in order to submit your application...but no you do not have to already have your bachelors. I applied last spring, and wasn't set up to get my degree until summer 2013. It all worked out, I think that I had to get a letter from my advisor or dean stating that I will be graduating July 2013, before dental school starts.

You have to be in line to graduate in order to submit your application...but no you do not have to already have your bachelors. I applied last spring, and wasn't set up to get my degree until summer 2013. It all worked out, I think that I had to get a letter from my advisor or dean stating that I will be graduating July 2013, before dental school starts.

When were you notified that you received the scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know when do they usually notify people who get the 4 year scholarships?
There is a board meeting every month in which students are selected for the scholarship that have their packet completed. I don't know what month the board meetings begin to happen (do a search). The results are given to your recruiter monthly. The last month for a board meeting this past year (for the 4 year scholarship) I believe was in April. Everything from there out was OML'd for the 3 year scholarship, in which the board meetings for that begins October every year.

Last edited: