Do you need CASPer score to be sent in order to be complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pprbckwrtr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! So 3 schools I'm applying to require a CASPer score to be sent to the school. Does this mean you are not marked complete till the score is received? Does this not delay many people's applications since it takes approximately 1 month to process and score the CASPer test?

Members don't see this ad.

** Oops, sorry I accidentally posted this under DO instead of MD :/ I can't delete it.

Last edited:
I have no experience with this test, but since it is a personality test and not really a standardized academic battery or anything, I doubt it is necessary to be considered complete. I imagine it's something they want done prior to matriculation, but like I said, I'm not familiar with the test. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on this.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Each school varies. MCW and RFU you need CASPer to be complete, NYMC you don't. Can't talk about other schools but it should be detailed on their website or secondary.

Yeh I think you need to check with each individual school to see what they do. I think it really depends on how much they weight the CASPer. For some schools doing CASPer for the first time, they may just be looking at it to see how it matches to their other application assessment tools and may not even take it into account at this stage. It is hard to know until it becomes more established like it is in Canada.