Do you have to struggle to get what you want?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samisab786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering who here really has to struggle to get what they want, as in, things just don't come easy for them.

This isn't really related to medicine specifically, but life in general. Every step of the way, I had to really struggle to get whatever I wanted. I wanted to be an honors student in high school, but to do that wasn't a matter of just blitzing my way through school...I really had to work for it. There were some days I felt frustrated because some people just seemed to have everything easy while I was pushing and shoving my way to get what I wanted. In the end though, I worked hard enough to appreciate my work.

People insist that when picking a career I should think of having easier alternatives in mind because I overwork myself sometimes and should settle for something of my caliber, but I choose to challenge myself. I feel like when I challenge myself and get things done with the challenge, I have a huge sense of accomplishment. I ask myself, would I do something less interesting to me because it's easier or more interesting to me even though it's hard.

Does anybody feel me?

Members don't see this ad.