Do you have any questions for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SexPanther

This could be a problem
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is about the part of the interview that I go blank. Usually, most of the info I want to know is covered in the program presentation or obtained from residents at the dinner/tour.

Does anyone have suggestions as to things I need to ask of:
1. Anesthesiology programs
2. Prelim/Transitional programs

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

This is about the part of the interview that I go blank. Usually, most of the info I want to know is covered in the program presentation or obtained from residents at the dinner/tour.

Does anyone have suggestions as to things I need to ask of:
1. Anesthesiology programs
2. Prelim/Transitional programs

Thanks in advance.

Obvious questions:

What are the advantages/disadvantages to coming to your program?

What do you think are the strenghts/weaknesses?

I would suggest not asking those questions that way. Just about every applicant asks them so you're not impressing anyone and the interviewers have their canned answers. I asked about more specifics. For example, a program had said that one of their strengths was hearts. Well, how many cases over the minimum does a resident finish by the time they graduate? How many TEE's? Are the cardiac faculty fellowship-trained? How many months do the residents have to spend on hearts to get their numbers? I think you'll get better answers this way. Several interviewers actually complimented me on these types of questions and that I'd get more truthful answers than the same old, same old "strengths and weaknesses" that everyone else and their mother asks. Of course, now that it's on the internet, everyone will be asking that way and it won't be so different anymore. Good luck.