DO Texts Online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenHoganFan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended an allopathic medical school so pardon me for the silly questions. I have seen a lot of CME courses for non-DOs for osteopathic manipulation. What is your take on this practice by non-DOs? Are there any texts available online to look at osteopathic techniques? The internet is inundated with many allopathic resource. My interest is mainly for curiousity and personal knowledge.

Members don't see this ad.

I've had a tough time idenitfying texts online for osteopathy, but there's plenty of non-technical stuff. If you want the "definitive" text on osteopathy, the Foundations of Osteopathic Medicine (FOM) could be useful.

There are lots of MDs who take manipulation as a CME course, and some schools offer 1 yr of training for MDs. A big reason for doing it for some is that, if you're good, it can be fairly lucrative. Patients who want to see a physician who can prescribe medicine and can do manipulation will seek you out. Lots of patients who go to chiropractors could benefit from seeing a physican who can do both.

There are many other "nobler" reasons, but other threads address those.