do schools take back acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qaztake82

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i am suppose to graduate this semester but i didnt care to do anything in my physics 2 class and so i am borderline c/d. i have already goten accepted to 2 places and i am waiting on columbia but what i am now more worried about is the schools seeing the grade and withdrawing thier offer. If i retake the class next semester and pass would that be ok????

Members don't see this ad.

qaztake82 said:
so i am suppose to graduate this semester but i didnt care to do anything in my physics 2 class and so i am borderline c/d. i have already goten accepted to 2 places and i am waiting on columbia but what i am now more worried about is the schools seeing the grade and withdrawing thier offer. If i retake the class next semester and pass would that be ok????
each school views this differently. you should contact the schools you got into or are waiting to hear from and ask them as if it were a hypothetical situation. most schools give out conditional acceptances, but no one knows for sure how steadfastly they stick to them. (everyone hears about them making this exception or that exception....)

qaztake82 said:

I believe that some schools do have clauses in their acceptance offers which state that current coursework must be completed with a final grade of a "C" (C-, etc.) or higher or else the offer could be rescinded. Check with your school(s) before you decide to do something rash, like slacking off. :)