Do schools ask for interviews if secondaries are in but AMCAS is not yet verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Treg

Surgeon in training
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for AMCAS verification, which could take up to a month, but I have completed some non-screening secondaries. Has anyone received an interview invite before official AMCAS verification, or should I not expect to hear anything before it is complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Treg,

I don't know about all schools, but I only got an interview at/heard from Tulane pre-verfication...Before I was verified, I completed Pritzker, Penn State, NYMC, Jefferson, Tulane, GW, USC-Keck, and Drexel.

I think if you print out and submit your AMCAS with your secondary, they might consider you pre-verification.

Good luck!!

I had the same problem where I wasn't getting verfied as fast as I should have been.

I called all the schools and asked them if I could just send a copy of AMCAS application to them instead. They all said they would only do it in emergency situations with approval from the dean.

Tulane was the exception, but they have had my application under "committee review" for the last 20 days.

PS I was processed at the beginning of this week.