DO DO SCHOOL FOR ME?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. 94 feet.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for honest advice on my possibilities on getting an acceptance into a DO school. I have been accepted into a DPT program in my state as a back up plan(PT was my first love). Although, after working in an acute care/trauma hospital for the past year and half I have decided to pursue DO school. I will be taking the mcat in the next couple of months and wanted to know what kind of score would consider me competitive and how/what materials should I use to prepare for it? I will be applying for the 2019 cycle b/c I want to give myself proper preparation for the MCAT and have time to strengthen my app.

GPA:
cGPA: 3.5
sGPA:3.66

Extracurricular:
During my undergrad I was a Division I student athlete(Football). I have lots of volunteer hours clinic and outside the clinic, grade school tutor, Bilingual, 2000+ hours working as a rehabilitation technician (hands on patient care), I will be shadowing a DO in the upcoming month and will also be looking to participate in some research.

I am looking for all the honest advice I can get! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you score 500 on the MCAT then you will be competitive for some DO schools. If you score 508 you are competitive for all DO schools.

If you score 500 on the MCAT then you will be competitive for some DO schools. If you score 508 you are competitive for all DO schools.
Thank you! I will shoot for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Score 508+ and you're fine for a number of MD schools too. Being a successful scholar-athlete counts for something as well.
Thank you. Do you have any recommendations for which MCAT prep to use?

Score 508+ and you're fine for a number of MD schools too. Being a successful scholar-athlete counts for something as well.
Thank you. Do you have any recommendations for which MCAT prep to use?