Do Residents carry around a bag or anything?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maddoc1979

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if you OPH residents around here have anything bag or briefcase-like that you carry around with you, either with equipment in it or other things. I'm thinking about getting a briefcase or man-purse type thing to bring on interviews and if it's going to cost a lot, I'd like to get some use out of it in residency as well. Any advice on the types of bags or whatnot that you do use or see other residents using? I really want to chuck my super-unprofessional Eastpack backpack that I've been carrying around since high school.

Doc

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, Dr. Doan, that's exactly what I was thinking. Do you also find it helpful to have and carry around a laptop at work?

Doc

maddoc1979 said:
Thanks, Dr. Doan, that's exactly what I was thinking. Do you also find it helpful to have and carry around a laptop at work?

Doc

I don't think it's necessary to carry a laptop around. Everything I need for reference is on my Palm. As we add more cases to the www.EyeRounds.org site, we'll offer an ophthalmic reference on the Palm for residents and students.

I don't carry my laptop around unless I'm working on a presentation, research, or cases for the EyeRounds.org site. My laptop is also loaded with the complete Duane's textbook and Spencer's Ophthalmic Pathology Text. I use it to look things up all the time.