DO reapplicant: better to submit now and update with new MCAT in August or submit all at once with new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TragicalDrFaust

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on two DO waitlists but have no acceptances currently. I'm planning to reapply this year. I'm retaking the MCAT in July (got a 503 last year but confident I can increase with more time to study this year), meaning my score will be returned in August. I'm learning towards submitting the application this week and then updating with the better MCAT once I receive the results but was curious if there's any reason why I should wait and submit all at the same time. Thanks and apologies if this is a common inquiry.

Members don't see this ad.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
I’d wait just on the off chance they read your app, see they’re waiting on an MCAT score, put it to the side and never re-open it. Being complete in August is fine. Just make sure your aacomas is verified.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools did you apply to this past cycle and where are you on the waitlist ?
All the PCOMs
Touro NY
Touro NV
All the Edward Vias
Campbell
Midwestern
ATSU
PNWU
Western in OR

Waitlisted at both Touro NV and Touro NY Middletown. Those were my two interview invites. I plan on applying more broadly this cycle and I have some pretty important updates, namely having shadowed a DO and being able to study 300hrs for the MCAT instead of 100hrs.

What are your cGPA and sGPA ? What are your ECs ?
MCAT 503 125/128/123/127
cGPA 3.52
sGPA 3.46

Clinical Hours
30 hours shadowing at a federally funded hospital
480 hours orthopedic medical scribe
230 hours medical assistant

Research
270 hours community health psychology research
2 posters

Other
55 hours comprehensive sexual education facilitator