Do publications only refer to papers or do abstracts/manuscripts count?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ethlo

Reaction score
^title

Members don't see this ad.

Publication means you submitted a manuscript which was (eventually) published in a peer-reviewed journal. It is fine to list manuscripts which have been submitted but are still under review as long as you make clear what stage it is at in the process. Abstracts, posters, and oral presentations are a separate measure of research productivity.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree, pubs=a full length manuscript that has been accepted in a full journal following peer review. However, that's not to say that abstracts and and posters are meaningless--particularly at your stage

Reactions: 2 users
Say if I were to get interviewed and published in an article by Forbes/CNN for a project I founded, where would I include this information? Is the publication section approrpriate?

Say if I were to get interviewed and published in an article by Forbes/CNN for a project I founded, where would I include this information? Is the publication section approrpriate?
No. probably as part of the description of the experience. Which, to be clear, is still plenty impressive

Reactions: 2 users
Some conferences publish all of their abstracts in a supplemental publication. They are often assigned a DOI. If this is the case, then its perfectly fine to put as an accomplishment. Just make sure its clear that its from an abstract that was accepted at a conference/congress.

Reactions: 1 user