Do programs screen apps before dl'ing them

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrandom2003

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so do programs scrren apps as they get them? what i mean is, i check my eras on a frequent basis(couple of times a day)...and i see that some programs get half my application (or whatever is available, like usmle, caf, ps) and as more of it gets uploaded, they havent downloaded it yet, even if its been available a couple of days...does that mean that they screen on a rolling basis...so if they didnt like what they saw in the first half, they dont dl whats has become available?

Or do they not get a choice and they just hit a general download button and things get added to all applicants files as they become available??

i hope u can understand what i am trying to get at....

Members don't see this ad.

i think they hit a general button for downloaded apps, and it all comes through. i only think this because if you update or add something, and the program does not know it is coming, the only way they would get it is if it were automatically sent.

i have heard they can screen applications though, but i don't know how this would work. maybe they get downloaded, but just not looked at?

anyone else?

Every school seems to have its own sort of timeline for the downloading of ERAS information. I've noticed that some schools download everything almost instantaneously, literally a few seconds after it's been uploaded and "made available," whereas some programs don't download your data until a certain day of the week or a certain time of day. Some seem to check every morning, but not throughout the day. Others check in the afternoons. But since it differs from school to school, you'll notice this sort of strange "effect" in ADTS where it looks like some schools are more "aggressively" downloading your information, or avoiding doing so. However, I very highly doubt this has anything whatsoever to do with screening. Rather, it seems likely that it stems from the variance in each school's download frequency, as I described above. There's no reason to worry if school x hasn't downloaded your letters within a day or two. Most places probably aren't even looking at the stuff yet anyway, or if they are, very few are granting interviews at this point.