Do preclinical grades matter for an IMG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted944991

So I got 90s in my first term of medical school at SGU but will this actually improve my chances for matching where I want in any way? Does anyone know if the SGU transcript shows if you Honored you pre-clinical terms?

Members don't see this ad.

This doesn't answer your question... but stop mentioning your grades like you are trying to show off and telling others "You probably never got Honors at Ross or wherever (I got term 1 Honors at sgu)." Its slightly childish. That's probably the reason that post got locked.

We don't need to know your grades to answer your question and you don't need affirmation from others about yourself.

So I got 90s in my first term of medical school at SGU but will this actually improve my chances for matching where I want in any way? Does anyone know if the SGU transcript shows if you Honored you pre-clinical terms?

LOL is this guy really trying to flex his 90% at SGU or something? And even worse, he's flexing it and bringing others down for it. News flash, you're at a Caribbean school just like others at Ross, AUC, etc. You're not really any better because if you were, you'd be at a US school not here. Also, no one cares if you get a 70 or 90 at SGU. Your chances of matching don't improve with passing preclinical grades. If you want to improve your chances at matching then think about passing step 1 and getting a high score on step 2. Of course, all of that is contingent on you passing your basic science semesters.

I'd focus on getting off the island first before you even think about matching.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
no. It only matters for MDs at schools that rank or do AOA and factor in preclinical grades into AOA. For DOs and IMGs, preclinical grades aren’t important

This doesn't answer your question... but stop mentioning your grades like you are trying to show off and telling others "You probably never got Honors at Ross or wherever (I got term 1 Honors at sgu)." Its slightly childish. That's probably the reason that post got locked.

We don't need to know your grades to answer your question and you don't need affirmation from others about yourself.
i locked it myself cus it was a dumb thread

well it cant hurt can it
No, of course not. Just take it for what it is: a good indication that you will probably pass Step 1. Just keep working hard, and make sure your current work ethic carries over into your clinical rotations. If you do that and apply for residency intelligently, you'll probably match. You will have won the Caribbean med school survival horror game. The users of this forum are generally not going to give you external validation. The posts your making strongly give the vibe of fishing for compliments, hence the Larry Bird-tier dunking in your threads.