DO/JD Combined Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know which school had the combined D.O./J.D. program? I know one school had it, but after having looked through all my viewbooks I cannot find it.

Members don't see this ad.

Nevermind, I found it. The only DO school that offers such a program is UMDNJ. You must take both the MCAT and LSAT and be admitted to both schools. I've pasted the other schools that have a similar program, if anyone else is interested.

Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, N.C.
Harvard Medical School, Boston
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield
Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, Calif.
University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, Alberta, Canada
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana-Champaign
University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Newark
University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, San Juan
University of Texas Medical School at Galveston
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn.
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.

JKD

EIther the MCAT or LSAT are needed not both. Regards.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was extremely interested in the DO/JD program until I found out that your MS1/2 and MS3/4 are separated by law school. I'd prefer to just go through all of med school without a two year pause in between. So, I decided to finish med school and residency then do one of the nighttime 4-year programs -- that is if I'm still willing to go back to school after all of that :)

It is not set in stone yet, but from what I understand, Nova is looking into developing both DO/JD as well as DO/DMD programs.

The reasoning behind it is that in a rural setting where there are hardly any doctors, there are hardly any dentists as well. This would allow someone to be town doctor and town dentist. But I can also see this being a popular route for OMFS.