DO Interviews at Allopathic programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRSTEPHI27

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently as MS3 DO student looking to apply to mostly allopathic programs. i was wondering if any of the DO students could post which allopathic programs they have interviewed at what you liked/disliked about them.

Members don't see this ad.

DRSTEPHI27 said:
Im currently as MS3 DO student looking to apply to mostly allopathic programs. i was wondering if any of the DO students could post which allopathic programs they have interviewed at what you liked/disliked about them.

As a DO and having followed this forum for months now, I would say that this year DO's have been invited to nearly every program in the country save Vandy, Carolinas, and maybe Hennepin. You can pretty much get an interview anywhere if you work at it. Do a search of the threads in the sticky about interview invites and see mine, Dr.Mishka's as well.

I took Steps 1 & 2 of both COMLEX and USMLE and received invitations from:
VCU
EVMS
Utah
UT-Houston
UTSW
OHSU
St. Lukes/Roosevelt
SUNY-Stony Brook
North Shore/NYU
NY Methodist
Maimonides
AE Beth Israel
Nebraska
UNC
Duke
UMKC

I appreciate the reference, but I wouldn't necessarily use my interview invites as a guide. I didn't apply to the "biggest name" programs or to that many programs in general, (only 20 allopathic) and I recieved 5 rejections and I have turned down about 5 interviews, cutting the field to the magic 8 (possibly 10 as I haven't heard from two florida programs yet).
But, every program is a place I and my wife would like to go to (keeping the wife happy has cut out some places for me - something anyone that is married must consider), and I feel confortable that I will match to one of my top three. However, all the programs I am considering are "solid" and I will get great training in my opinion even if they are not those with the "biggest name."

Best Wishes.

The Mish