DO Internships and residencies FEEDBACK THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kindredspirit

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a thread started with feedback on the various DO internships and residencies. Unfortunately, there isn't enough written in the residency listings section of this site. Most of the feedback is provided on the ACGME accredited programs.

If you are currently doing a traditional rotating internship or one of the many AOA accredited residencies, please give a quick run-down on your program. Please include pros and cons of program, location details, program director and attending personalities, type of hospital ie: size, community or county hospital, services that you rotate in, call schedule, cap on # of admits, level of supervision, how good the teaching is etc.

This would really be helpful considering that this year's AOA match was at its lowest. I'd personally love to know some of the better programs and the ones to avoid!!!
:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

This thread is also posted to the FP forum

Here is what i know in Michigan

St. Joseph mercy of macomb: bad bad bad place to be. Ive heard this countless times from lots of people. Students and interns alike.....its even on scutwork. apparantly this is a scary place

Oakwood- good internship year. ive heard their interns are very happy there

Huron Valley Sinai- new program. call q4 usually. solid physicians. some months like IM are better than others (surgery). known for its radiology trackers b/c they have several linked spots.