Do I still have a shot at a DO or MD school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zyzz1246

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently about to finish my second year of college. I didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped. My current GPA is a 3.65 and sGPA is a 3.45, which is likely to go down because of Orgo this semester. I'm expecting to get these grades this semester
Orgo 1: C
Physics1: A-
Bio 2: A-

For ECs I volunteered at a hospital my freshman year and did research the summer going into and fall of my sophomore year (~10 hours a week) I've also been doing an internship my sophomore year (~6 hours a week).

Assuming I bring up my GPA and ECs by the time I apply, and have a good MCAT do I still have a shot at relatively decent MD or DO schools?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a shot at MD. Bring up your science GPA and do well on the MCAT.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm currently about to finish my second year of college. I didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped. My current GPA is a 3.65 and sGPA is a 3.45, which is likely to go down because of Orgo this semester. I'm expecting to get these grades this semester
Orgo 1: C
Physics1: A-
Bio 2: A-

For ECs I volunteered at a hospital my freshman year and did research the summer going into and fall of my sophomore year (~10 hours a week) I've also been doing an internship my sophomore year (~6 hours a week).

Assuming I bring up my GPA and ECs by the time I apply, and have a good MCAT do I still have a shot at relatively decent MD or DO schools?

Thanks!!
Yes.
/thread

Reactions: 1 users