Do I sound like a strong dental school applicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nagafoo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in my junior year and I have cumulative GPA of 3.65. My science GPA is probably close to my cumulative GPA.

Gen. Chem: -A/B

Physics: A/waiting to do second semester

Intro Bio: A/-A

Gen. Psychology: A

Ochem: Currently enrolled in semester 1 but I currently have a B

Anatomy&Physiology: Currently enrolled in semester 1 but I currently have an A+

Microbiology:A

Immunology: -A

Extra-Curricular: I was on the student senate for a year, I am currently a residence assistant in the freshman dorm, I played intercollegiate football my freshman year, I play volleyball and basketball intramurals, I am a school ambassador, I am a member of Omicron Delta Kappa (National Leadership group), and by the end of the year I will have at least 100 shadowing hours.

DAT: I plan on taking it at the end of this year.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Looks great! 20+ on DAT will give you a shot at most schools. 22+ will likely get you into some of your top choices.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Great job on the pre-req, nail that DAT (20+) and I'm sure you'll receive lots of interviews!

Why is it that everyone who asks this question is 3.6+. Of course you are, dude. Now go kill the DAT and get in.

general rule of thumb is 3.6+ GPA 21+ DAT and 100+ shadowing hours = Golden. You have to make sure you apply to schools that accept OOS kids and schools that you believe will want you. For example, Several midwestern schools accept mostly OOS midwest.

Why is it that everyone who asks this question is 3.6+. Of course you are, dude. Now go kill the DAT and get in.
Well you can never be too sure, thanks for your reassurance!

general rule of thumb is 3.6+ GPA 21+ DAT and 100+ shadowing hours = Golden. You have to make sure you apply to schools that accept OOS kids and schools that you believe will want you. For example, Several midwestern schools accept mostly OOS midwest.
Ok, thanks for the advice!