Do I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharoahcairo

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you're good. Just know most accepted students have around 19-21 AA. Don't listen to all these people telling u to retake. They are overachievers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! You have a shot! And many of the schools that you will apply to are ones that accept your stats. Decent performance in the interview and you will be getting calls on December first.

Reactions: 1 user
45 total at those two offices :(
The volunteering program involved at least 30 hours of shadowing though.
An accepted student once told me that schools don't care about how many hours you have as long as you have some and be able to talk about it during personal statement and interviews. It's not about how many hours you can get, it's about how many hours it takes for you to know if you like dentistry. Btw, he had like 15 shadowing hours.

You have a good chance! Don't sweat it too much. Maybe add UMN to your list.

-Fyz

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not a URM. I also go to UCLA.
I knew it! Not many schools offer classes like BDP or have a volunteer program for their DS.
Isn't UOP too uppity? The DAT scores are pretty high. Is it because I'm from cali?
While this is true, why not apply anyways. I'm mean, your shot at OOS schools are just as bad if not worse.

Hahaha Did you do bdp too? Also, do you think that will make my app stick out since it's unique?
I think UOP might have too many requirements I wont be able to fulfill on time, but I'll still consider it.
I didn't do BDP. I wish I did though since it sounded really fun. Like you, I was also a part of my cultural org so stick w/ it? And no, UOP has the minimum reqs.

Yeah I'll probably add UOP back on the list. I left that cultural org for a variety reasons so I'm not going back lol. Did you get into a school already then?
May I ask which one you were in (PM if you don't feel comfortable publicly disclosing it)? And I did, I'll be going back to UCLA in the fall.

I think you're good. With a GPA like that, there is less pressure for the DAT imo. I think it is MUCH HARDER to get a gpa like yours, than to study and ace the DAT. GPA takes consistent work over time.

I got into one of those schools on your list with similar scores as you!

For sure add NYU, Touro, Boston University, and UDM

Reactions: 1 user