Medical Do I disclose expunged misdemeanor case for residency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I do not know if this is the correct place to ask but i did not know where to post it.
I have a misdemeanor conviction (trespassing) 4 years ago that was expunged. I am applying next september to the residency and honestly i do not know how to preceed in the ERAS application. I know that for the state license i have to disclose it, but my question is in ERAS. Anyone was or know someone who was in this situation. Also I do not know what type of attorney i should consult.

Thanks in advance!
(Professional Services) Provider/Physician Groups Attorney if needing one for license/credentialing information.

@aProgDirector 's answer still is relevant.

One qualification on 2 that is sometimes missed, if you are going to a residency with a VA or federal component even if not the VA as the primary, you definitely need to disclose it as the VA will check even for incidental rotations. If the VA does the standard background check and flags it, it does not work out well on either side. That particular one is going to need to be explained if applying to a federal one, but I doubt it is going to be anything problematic. I also differ with the drug matter from what credentialing does in the VA, you still get a hard time even today with it though it is something that can be overcome.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.