DO Derm... rotations and internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hollister

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few questions for you DO derm residents and derm hopefuls. I am a student at KCOM and it is time to decide where I want to do my 3rd and 4th year rotations.

Given the choice between doing rotations at a hopsital site that has a derm residency and one that doesn't... which should I choose (I know it sounds like a yeah... duh question.) But does it really matter during 3rd and 4th year to be at the spot you want to do derm? Or is it more important just to do an elective rotation at the site I'm interested in?

Next... similar question. Is it helpful to do your internship at the site you want to do derm?

Members don't see this ad.

not going into derm but can tell you that in the osteopathic world rotating where you want to go is a huge factor come match time. you will always have a better shot at the programs you rotate at (unless you bomb the rotation of course).

can't comment on the internship piece as I don't know.

J

A few questions for you DO derm residents and derm hopefuls. I am a student at KCOM and it is time to decide where I want to do my 3rd and 4th year rotations.

Given the choice between doing rotations at a hopsital site that has a derm residency and one that doesn't... which should I choose (I know it sounds like a yeah... duh question.) But does it really matter during 3rd and 4th year to be at the spot you want to do derm? Or is it more important just to do an elective rotation at the site I'm interested in?

Next... similar question. Is it helpful to do your internship at the site you want to do derm?

Hey classmate!

If I were you I would try to talk to some of the derm residents here and see what they suggest. They've been through it, and the ones I've met have all been very nice.:thumbup: