DO app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you have your DO application verified without an MCAT score/ is that a wise thing to do

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen some people suggest submitting your application to a school that you don't really mind getting rejected from, in order to get your application verified, in the case that your MCAT is acceptable when you get the score back. That way, you don't have to wait on the verification process, which has varied timelines.

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen some people suggest submitting your application to a school that you don't really mind getting rejected from, in order to get your application verified, in the case that your MCAT is acceptable when you get the score back. That way, you don't have to wait on the verification process, which has varied timelines.
so what your saying is that i should sent my app to a school i dont really want to go to and when i do this AACOM will verify my app. that way when i do get my mcat score back from AAMC i can send my app with my score to all the other schools immediately and dont have to wait to be verified? Also how do you only send your app to only one school then and not all the others that you do actually want to go to

Members don't see this ad :)
so what your saying is that i should sent my app to a school i dont really want to go to and when i do this AACOM will verify my app. that way when i do get my mcat score back from AAMC i can send my app with my score to all the other schools immediately and dont have to wait to be verified? Also how do you only send your app to only one school then and not all the others that you do actually want to go to

Yes, exactly. The application allows you to apply to one school at a time, if you want to. Actually, I think there is a button beside each of the schools you put om your application that says apply or submit application.

Yes, exactly. The application allows you to apply to one school at a time, if you want to. Actually, I think there is a button beside each of the schools you put om your application that says apply or submit application.
you honestly are a lifesaver. So then when i do get my mcat score back all i would have to do is click add test score and then hit send and it goes right to the school? just like that with no delay i mean

you honestly are a lifesaver. So then when i do get my mcat score back all i would have to do is click add test score and then hit send and it goes right to the school? just like that with no delay i mean

When your MCAT score is back, you will then release it to AACOMAS (which also has varied timelines but NOT as long as getting verified) then once AACOMAS receives your score, you can begin to apply to all the schools you want. Actually, once you get your score back and you like it, you can go ahead and apply to those other schools. Either way, at this point, it becomes a waiting game between you and the schools.

ok great thank you for the help much appreciated. you dont happen to know how long relatively it takes for teh school to get the app once i send it do you, and how long it takes AAMC to send the score to AACOM. Also when can i tell AAMC to send the score to AACOM (right after i take the test or once the scores come back) and last thing do you know how i tell the AAMC to send my score to AACOM? call? email? i apologize if it is a lot of questions i just dont want to apply later than i have to so i want to do it as soon as i can.

When your MCAT score is back, you will then release it to AACOMAS (which also has varied timelines but NOT as long as getting verified) then once AACOMAS receives your score, you can begin to apply to all the schools you want. Actually, once you get your score back and you like it, you can go ahead and apply to those other schools. Either way, at this point, it becomes a waiting game between you and the schools.
sorry i really do hate to be annoying but i had another question and you seem to have all the answers. I am taking a summer class that ends in August that i want to count towards my gpa. Is there anyway to have it incorporated into my gpa but still apply before receiving those grades back. Or would i have to either wait to have the grades back and then send it or send the app and then also forward my new grades to the school. Also will having my app verified before adding this class cause trouble?

I also forgot to @ you on the above post my bad

ok great thank you for the help much appreciated. you dont happen to know how long relatively it takes for teh school to get the app once i send it do you, and how long it takes AAMC to send the score to AACOM. Also when can i tell AAMC to send the score to AACOM (right after i take the test or once the scores come back) and last thing do you know how i tell the AAMC to send my score to AACOM? call? email? i apologize if it is a lot of questions i just dont want to apply later than i have to so i want to do it as soon as i can.

I am not sure how long it takes for the school to actually receive your application, but I wouldn't think it would take too long because it is electronic. As for the score release, AAMC has information on their website about how long it takes for them to release your scores to AACOMAS. You can request them to send the scores as soon as you get your scores back. Any time before that, you wouldn't have any scores to send. You send scores by going to AAMC's website to request it be done.

sorry i really do hate to be annoying but i had another question and you seem to have all the answers. I am taking a summer class that ends in August that i want to count towards my gpa. Is there anyway to have it incorporated into my gpa but still apply before receiving those grades back. Or would i have to either wait to have the grades back and then send it or send the app and then also forward my new grades to the school. Also will having my app verified before adding this class cause trouble?

I also forgot to @ you on the above post my bad

I'm sure you can update your AACOMAS GPA, but I am not positive. I would seek this answer from an AACOMAS representative by calling them. Sorry that I couldn't help you there!