Do animal biology courses count towards science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would classes such as Animal Behavior, Ichtylogy, Mammology etc. all count towards the BCPM GPA for dental school?
They are all in the Integrative Biology major courses, which is 1 of two biology major departments at my University. The other major probably has more human related bio courses, but I was wondering if the subject doesn't matter as long as its a course in the Bio major itself.

To be honest, I would rather be studying fishes than mitosis for the rest of my Undergrad education LOL.

Oh and FWIW the IB major still has those core classes dental schools look for which I will be taking such as Genetics, Anatomy(human), Physiology(human), Evolution, and Ecology. But most of the upper level 400+ classes stray away from human based biology and more towards Zoology.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, anything that fits under the subject of biology is included.
Ok one last one thanks for your time!

Does Stats count towards "Math" even though at my school Stats is under the STAT department whereas Calc etc. is under the MATH department. I already took a Calc course and I was also planning on taking a stats course in the future (biostatistics) since its required for the IB major and technically that course is in the STAT department.

No probs. I'm not too sure but the ADEA will classify the course as they see fit. My statistics classes got listed under kinesiology. I would call the ADEA and get an answer from them directly.

No probs. I'm not too sure but the ADEA will classify the course as they see fit. My statistics classes got listed under kinesiology. I would call the ADEA and get an answer from them directly.
Oh ok thanks!