DO 2022 match thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been waiting for this. I'm headed to KCU this Fall. I was genuinely blown away by KCU's match last year and even more blown away now. I'm glad I have the opportunity to attend this school.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I've been waiting for this. I'm headed to KCU this Fall. I was genuinely blown away by KCU's match last year and even more blown away now. I'm glad I have the opportunity to attend this school.
At the end of the day match falls on the students not the school. I have plenty of students from my fairly new school (second class) that matched some awesome programs, and that's more a reflection of their hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Any info on UNECOM? deciding between them and PCOM atm so it would be nice to see where people placed

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is all the residency matches I could get from my classmates and the match day video. So this is not a complete list, and considering my school did not post their match list from last year, this may be all we'll ever get.

I will update this post if I find more.

ARCOM Class of 2022
(second ever graduating class)

Internal Medicine
Summa health/NEOMED – Akron, OH
Jefferson Health Northeast – PA
Unity Health – Searcy, AR x2
HCA healthcare/Tufts U – Portsmouth, NH
UAMS – Fayetteville, AR x3
Baylor All Saints – Fort Worth, TX
HCA Healthcare/UCF – Orlando, FL
HCA Healthcare Kingwood – Houston, TX
LSU – Shreveport, LA x2
OSU – Tulsa, OK
Conway Regional – Conway, AR
Beaumont – Farmington Hills, MI x2
UNLV – Las Vegas, NV
Dallas Presbyterian – Dallas, TX
ARCOM/Poplar Bluff regional – MO
TIGMER – San Antonio, TX
U Alabama – Huntsville, AL
CHI St Vincent – Hot Springs, AR
KPC Health – Hemet, CA
OSU/OMECO – Tahlequah, OK
UTMB – Galveston, TX
Wayne State U – Detroit, MI
Ochsner – NOLA
U Missouri – Columbia, MO
UIC – Chicago, IL
U Oklahoma – Tulsa, OK

Med/Peds
Vidant/ECU – Greenville, NC

Family Medicine
Cox Health – Springfield, MO x2
Skagit Regional Health – Mount Vernon, WA
Novant Health – Charlotte, NC
FSUCOM – Winter Haven, FL
KU/Wesley – Wichita, KS
UAMS – Fayetteville, AR
Vidant/ECU – Greenville, NC
U Wyoming – Casper, WY
UT Health – San Antonio, TX
ARCOM/Mercy Program – Fort Smith, AR x3
UAMS – Fort Smith, AR
Conway Regional – Conway, AR
UAMS – Pine Bluff, AR
Choctaw Nation/OMECO – Talihina, OK x2
OHSU Cascades East – Klamath Falls, OR
Crozer Health – Springfield, PA
UAMS – Little Rock, AR
Wright Center – Tucson, AZ
Smoky Hill – Salina, KS
Arrowhead regional – Colton, CA
TIGMER – San Antonio, TX
Christus Health – Corpus Christi, TX
Dignity Health Northridge – CA

Pediatrics
OSU – Tulsa, OK x2
UAMS – Little Rock, AR x2
U Arizona – Tucson, AZ
UMMC – Jackson, MS
Southern Illinois U – Springfield, IL
Phoenix Children’s Hospital – AZ

Emergency Medicine
Swedish Hospital – Chicago, IL
Norman Regional – OKC x2
Comanche County Memorial – Lawton, OK
Hackensack U – NJ
St Vincent Health – Erie, PA

Neurology
Kettering Health/Grandview – Dayton, OH

OBGYN
KU – Wichita, KS
U Oklahoma – Tulsa, OK
St Anthony’s Hospital – OKC

Psychiatry
Baptist Health/UAMS – Little Rock, AR
U Oklahoma – OKC
U Toledo – Toledo, OH x2
John Peter Smith – Fort Worth, TX
Griffin Memorial – OKC
UNLV – Las Vegas, NV
U Oklahoma – Tulsa, OK

Pathology
UAMS – Little Rock, AR

Diagnostic Radiology
Integris Health – OKC
SUNY Upstate – Syracuse, NY
UAMS – Little Rock, AR

Anesthesiology
UAMS – Little Rock, AR x 2
U Indiana – Indianapolis, IN
Ochsner – NOLA

General Surgery
KU – Wichita, KS
Temple U – Philadelphia, PA

Orthopedic surgery
Jack Hughston Memorial – Phoenix City, AL
Tripler Army – Honolulu, HI
Ascension Genesis – Grand Blanc, MI
KCU – Kansas City, MO

PM&R
U Miami – Miami, FL
UAMS – Little Rock, AR
Added Diagnostic Radiology at UAMS – Little Rock, AR

Any info on UNECOM? deciding between them and PCOM atm so it would be nice to see where people placed
Idk what your personal situation is, like family or spouse with a career in Maine or something, but all else being equal go to PCOM. Honestly even if you had to uproot your family…go to PCOM.

Reactions: 2 users
@biped

Agree with @DOVinciRobot and @BobbyKoch go to PCOM. UNECOM has a history of kicking people out for failing OMM practicals. Not to mention all of the research and audition opportunities that the 4 MD schools in Philly have to offer.

Reactions: 3 users
At the end of the day match falls on the students not the school. I have plenty of students from my fairly new school (second class) that matched some awesome programs, and that's more a reflection of their hard work.
This 100%. Take a look at Wayne state match list on the MD side. It is an average MD school, but they have some motivated students with amazing matches this year for sure.

I agree 100%. But some schools consistently match well over others. This is a good reflection of the school (and the student, of course).

Reactions: 1 user
Is there any additional info on CCOM match?
In addition to what was already mentioned, there was an IR at Medical college of Georgia, several general surgery matches. An official list will come out later. This just what I know of.

KCU and similar older and more established DO schools have clout in the DO GME world, but the sooner you learn that you'll go where you want to go in spite of your school and not because of it, the better you'll be. This seems to be true largely on the sub 50 MD side as well, especially if they don't have home programs for your preferred specialty. I had some rad midwest interview invites (KU, Northwestern, Mayo, Wash U, MCW, Indiana, etc) maybe partly because KCU is known among 1-2 junior faculty, but it was much more individualized as evidenced by the countrywide interview invites I had. So, at the end of the day it is at least 95% up to you (with a healthy dose of luck). MD-heavy specialties at academic centers don't really gaf which DO school you go to since so few are in the USNWR research rankings, if any.

The three areas which DO school does matter is (1) in terms of residents who are recent alumni, which is something you should try to take advantage of early, especially if you want to go for something mid to high competitive. KCU has a decent alumni base for most specialties, but not many are practicing in high powered academic settings outside the midwest, (2) whether your school and rotation sites have productive nearby academic centers, and (3) if there's a proven track record for matching into a particular program/specialty.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
KCU and similar older and more established DO schools have clout in the DO GME world, but the sooner you learn that you'll go where you want to go in spite of your school and not because of it, the better you'll be. This seems to be true largely on the sub 50 MD side as well, especially if they don't have home programs for your preferred specialty. I had some rad midwest interview invites (KU, Northwestern, Mayo, Wash U, MCW, Indiana, etc) maybe partly because KCU is known among 1-2 junior faculty, but it was much more individualized as evidenced by the countrywide interview invites I had. So, at the end of the day it is at least 95% up to you (with a healthy dose of luck). MD-heavy specialties at academic centers don't really gaf which DO school you go to since so few are in the USNWR research rankings, if any.

The three areas which DO school does matter is (1) in terms of residents who are recent alumni, which is something you should try to take advantage of early, especially if you want to go for something mid to high competitive. KCU has a decent alumni base for most specialties, but not many are practicing in high powered academic settings outside the midwest, (2) whether your school and rotation sites have productive nearby academic centers, and (3) if there's a proven track record for matching into a particular program/specialty.
Those are some great programs and AFAIK some have never taken a DO. Strong work!

Last edited:
I feel like I keep on hearing specialties getting harder: anesthesia, DR, surgery, psych. So then what's getting easier? Something has to right? The only one I am aware of is EM.

The majority of specialties, with the exception of the ones that have been expanding despite being saturated, are getting more competitive in the sense that more people are vying for the same spots than they were before. Other fields do tend to fluctuate in competitiveness depending on changes in interest, but that is honestly cyclical.

Have path, FM, community IM and peds actually getting easier. I didn't think they were ever very competitive. Are they becoming even less competitive?

They are remaining less competitive, but I would argue many are more competitive than they've been. Path has been saturated for a bit, so that has certainly affected things.

Most fields are becoming more competitive. Including these. Excluding EM and rad onc
Yeah, this right here.

Is psych one of those specialties along with pm&r and FM that highly value fit and evidence of commitment to the field? From what I’ve seen, I don’t think psych cares about board scores the way other specialities do. I see lots of people with good board scores who don’t match.
Absolutely.

In general, apply for the specialty you want and try to make your application as competitive as possible. Its not easy to predict a lot of the fluctuations year-to-year.

What is everyone’s opinion on DMU in here?

Congrats to everyone who matched.

Anecdotally, it seems like the rads match rate has been more or less stable over the last couple years. But the quality seems to be pushing down a bit. My prospects last year were not nearly what people told me they would be. And this year people even more competitive than me seemed to end up with more limited options.

I feel that it’s quickly going from “Hope I match a solid university program” to “Am I going to match?!” for the average DO rads applicant.

Still some great matches here and there. But I’m not sure it’s going to be a field of good scores + chill interview= G2G much longer.
Will be interested to see how it goes next year. Will it be even worse than our year and this year? Probably based on #s alone but I think people know that you have to do aways in rads now and can't blow them off like I did lol.

I appreciate the insight. The 3 points you mentioned are precisely why I feel like KCU does well. Congrats on your match!

It was a really great match for my kids this year! A bunch of them went into uber-residencies. Lots of glass doors kicked open historic ACGME university hospitals. Alas, I can't name names because I'd out myself immediately.

Kudos to all of you who have matched!!!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
It was a really great match for my kids this year! A bunch of them went into uber-residencies. Lots of glass doors kicked open historic ACGME university hospitals. Alas, I can't name names because I'd out myself immediately.

Kudos to all of you who have matched!!!
We know where you're at already @Goro. 😏

I didn't see it anywhere on here. But VCOM-Auburn had a triple board match at Tulane!

Number of US IMG matched dropped from 3152 last year to 3099 despite an overall increase in match numbers of USMD, DO, and FMG. This is number matched only, not percent matched. Not a good sign for USIMGs.

Number of US IMG matched dropped from 3152 last year to 3099 despite an overall increase in match numbers of USMD, DO, and FMG. This is number matched only, not percent matched. Not a good sign for USIMGs.
Your seeing Carib IMG's getting crunched out... look at mid and low tier IM programs and community IM programs, they are mostly USMD and DO now, while previously they had many more Carib IMG grads, and that's in IM.. arguably the most Carib friendly specialty... it's about to get a whole lot tougher for them...

WesternU COMP's match livestream.

• Love
Touro Harlem and Middletown had a decent match this year throughout the NY and NJ area from what I have seen via social media posts and talking to peers. I have been debating between KCU and Touro Harlem as an entering medical student. Does anyone have any thoughts? Match lists for both were impressive to me.

Touro Harlem and Middletown had a decent match this year throughout the NY and NJ area from what I have seen via social media posts and talking to peers. I have been debating between KCU and Touro Harlem as an entering medical student. Does anyone have any thoughts? Match lists for both were impressive to me.
Just go wherever you want to live. There’s not a lot of opportunities at one private DO school vs another. Matching outside of primary care is largely on you.

Reactions: 4 users
Is there any additional info on CCOM match?
Here is CCOM's Match List. 97.4% Placement

Anesthesiology (9)
  1. Cleveland Clinic Cleveland, OH
  2. Loyola University Maywood, IL
  3. Rush University (4) Chicago, IL
  4. University of Texas HSC San Antonio, TX
  5. University of Chicago Chicago, IL
  6. Wayne State U. SOM Pontiac, MI
Child Neurology (2)
  1. Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus, OH
  2. University of Chicago Chicago, IL
Dermatology (1)
  1. Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs Campus Hialeah, FL
EM (18)

1. Advocate Christ Medical Center (2) Oak Lawn, IL
  2. Case Western/University Hospitals Cleveland, OH
  3. Detroit Med. Center/Wayne State (2) Detroit, MI
  4. Franciscan Health Olympia Fields (2) Olympia Fields, IL
  5. HCA Medical City Arlington, TX
  6. Henry Ford Macomb Clinton Township, MI
  7. Inspira Health Vineland, NJ
  8. Kirk Kerkorian SOM at UNLV Las Vegas, Nevada
  9. Metro Health/U. Michigan Health Wyoming, MI
  10. Prisma Health/U. of South Carolina Columbia, SC
  11. Swedish Hospital Chicago, IL
  12. University of Illinois Chicago, IL
  13. U. Texas Southwestern Dallas Dallas, TX
  14. University Hospitals Consortium Ohio
  15. Western Michigan Stryker SOM Kalamazoo, MI

FM (44)
  1. Advocate Lutheran General (2) Park Ridge, IL
  2. Advocate Illinois Masonic Med. Center Chicago, IL
  3. Amita Resurrection (3) Chicago, IL
  4. Aurora St. Lukes Milwaukee, IL
  5. Baton Rouge General Med. Center Baton Rouge, LA
  6. Carolinas Med. Center Monroe, NC
  7. Hinsdale Hospital (3) Hinsdale, IL
  8. Kaiser Permanente Fontana Fontana, CA
  9. La Grange Memorial Hospital (2) La Grange, IL
  10. Lehigh Valley Hospital Allentown, PA
  11. Mayo Clinic Florida Jacksonville, FL
  12. Mercyhealth Loves Park, IL
  13. Methodist Hospital Houston Houston, TX
  14. Northwestern McGaw Lake Forest Grayslake, IL
  15. Ohio Health/Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH
  16. ProHealth Waukesha (3) Waukesha, WI
  17. Rush Copley Memorial Aurora, IL
  18. Sierra Vista Arizona
  19. Sparrow Hospital Lansing, MI
  20. Still-OPTI Northeast Regional Med. Center Kirksville, MO
  21. Sunrise Health Las Vegas, NV
  22. U. Central Florida/HCA Ocala, FL
  23. University of Illinois Peoria Peoria, IL
  24. University of Illinois Rockford/Monroe Monroe, WI
  25. University of Minnesota/St. Cloud St. Cloud, MN
  26. University of Texas/Austin Austin, TX
  27. University of Chicago/Northshore Chicago, IL
  28. University of Missouri Kansas City (2) Kansas City, MO
  29. Wellspan Health/York Hospital York, PA
  30. West Suburban Medical Center Oak Park, IL
  31. Wright State University Dayton OH
  32. Madigan Army Medical Center Tacoma, WA
  33. Darnall Army Medical Center Fort Hood, TX
  34. Naval Medical Center Camp Lejeune Camp Lejeune, NC

IM Categorical (45)
  1. Advocate/Lutheran General (8) Park Ridge, IL
  2. Advocate/Christ Medical Center (5) Oak Lawn, IL
  3. Aurora Health Care Milwaukee, WI
  4. Broward Health Florida
  5. Campbell University Cape Fear, NC
  6. Christina Care Newark, DE
  7. Cook County-Primary Care (2) Chicago, IL
  8. Cook County Chicago, IL
  9. Florida State University Cape Coral, FL
  10. Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Olympia Fields, IL
  11. Garden City Hospital Garden City, MI
  12. Indiana University/Southwest (2) Vincennes, IN
  13. Loyola University Maywood, IL
  14. Mercyhealth Rockford, IL
  15. Metro Health/U. Michigan Health Wyoming, MI
  16. Ochsner Clinic New Orleans, LA
  17. Parkview Health Fort Wayne, IN
  18. Rosalind Franklin McHenry, IL
  19. Rush University Chicago, IL
  20. Swedish Hospital Chicago, IL
  21. Trident Medical Center North Charleston, SC
  22. U. Arkansas/Fayetteville Fayetteville, AR
  23. U. Cincinnati Cincinnati, OH
  24. University of Illinois (2) Chicago, IL
  25. University of Minnesota (2) Minneapolis, MN
  26. University of Chicago/Northshore Chicago, IL
  27. University of Buffalo Buffalo, NY
  28. University Hospitals Consortium Parma, OH
  30. Zucker SOM/Lenox Hill Hospital New York, NY
IM Prelim (5)

1. Advocate/Lutheran General (3) Park Ridge, IL
  2. Advocate/Illinois Masonic Chicago, IL
  3. Howard University Washington, DC

Neurology (3)

1. Loyola University Med. Center (2) Maywood, IL
  2. University of Illinois Chicago, IL

OBGYN (4)

1. Advocate Illinois Masonic Chicago, IL
  2. Amita St. Francis (2) Evanston, IL
  3. Mercy Health Muskegon, MI

Ophthalmology (2)

1. Ascension Macomb Warren, MI
  2. Stroger/Cook County Chicago, IL

Orthopedic Surgery (5)

1. Ascension Genesys Hospital Grand Blanc, MI
  2. Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Olympia Fields, IL
  3. McLaren Health Lansing, MI
  4. Ohio Health/Doctors Hospital Columbus, OH
  5. Rowan University Stratford, NJ

Otolaryngology (2)

1. Henry Ford Macomb Clinton Township, MI
  2. McLaren Health Pontiac, MI

Peds (18)

2. Advocate Lutheran General Park Ridge, IL
  3. Albert Einstein Philadelphia, PA
  4. Children’s Hospital of Michigan Detroit, MI
  5. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Cincinnati, OH
  6. Harbor UCLA Torrance, CA
  7. Loyola University (2) Maywood, IL
  8. Medical College of Wisconsin (2) Milwaukee, WI
  9. Rush University Chicago, IL
  10. University of Illinois Chicago, IL
  11. University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
  12. University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA
  13. University of Wisconsin Madison, WI
  14. Madigan Army Medical Center Tacoma, WA
  15. Wright-Patterson AFB Dayton, OH

PM&R (6)

1. Marianjoy Rehab (2) Wheaton, IL
  2. Schwab Rehab Chicago, IL
  3. University of Texas Southwestern Dallas, TX
  4. Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI
  5. Rush University Chicago, IL

Psychiatry (11)

1. Advocate Lutheran General Park Ridge, IL
  2. Barnes Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
  3. Henry Ford Allegiance Jackson, MI
  4. Indiana University Merrillville, IN
  5. Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI
  6. Riverside Medical Center Kankakee, IL
  7. Samaritan Health Services Corvallis, OR
  8. Southern Illinois University Springfield, IL
  9. University of South Florida Morsani COM Tampa, FL
  10. University Hospitals Columbia, MO
  11. Walter Read Medical Center Bethesda, MD

Radiology, Diagnostic (5)

1. St. Joseph Mercy Pontiac, MI
  2. Loyola University Med. Center (2) Maywood, IL
  3. Amita St. Francis Evanston, IL

Radiology, Interventional (1)
  1. Medical College of Georgia Augusta, GA
Surgery, General Categorical (6)

1. Abrazo Health Glendale, AZ
  3. Beaumont Health Farmington Hills, MI
  4. Franciscan Health Olympia Fields Olympia Fields, IL
  5. Wright-Patterson AFB Dayton, OH
  6. University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN

Surgery, General Prelim (1)
  1. University of Colorado Aurora, CO
TY (14)
  1. William Beaumont (2) El Paso, TX
  2. Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
  3. Amita St. Joseph Chicago, IL
  4. HCA Healthcare Ft. Lauderdale, FL
  5. Indiana University/ Ball Memorial Muncie, IN
  6. KPC Health/Hemet Valley Hemet, CA
  7. MacNeal Hospital (3) Berwyn, IL
  8. Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI
  9. McLaren Health Pontiac, MI
  10. University of Illinois/Peoria Peoria, IL
  11. Campbell University Conway, NC
Urology (1)
  1. Franciscan Olympia Fields Olympia Fields, IL

Reactions: 9 users
I'd pick KCU over a lot of schools, including any of the Touro campuses

Reactions: 9 users

Anesthesiology (9)
Child Neurology (2)
Dermatology (1)
EM (18)

FM (44)
  18. Sierra Vista Arizona

IM Categorical (45)
IM Prelim (5)

Neurology (3)

OBGYN (4)

Ophthalmology (2)

Orthopedic Surgery (5)

Otolaryngology (2)

Peds (18)

PM&R (6)

Psychiatry (11)

TY (14)
Urology (1)
Some Really good matches here. Several difficult specialties. Overall I think it's a great list, but as with any match list it doesn't tell the entire story.

Great matches this year especially from KCU and PCOM. Currently debating between PCOM, KCU, and DMU? Any thoughts between the three of them?

is it just me or do these class sizes seem huge. 91 in FM and IM combined?

Anesthesiology (9)
Child Neurology (2)
Dermatology (1)
EM (18)

FM (44)
  18. Sierra Vista Arizona

IM Categorical (45)
IM Prelim (5)

Neurology (3)

OBGYN (4)

Ophthalmology (2)

Orthopedic Surgery (5)

Otolaryngology (2)

Peds (18)

PM&R (6)

Psychiatry (11)

TY (14)
Urology (1)

PSYCHIATRY AT BARNES JEWISH HOSPITAL?!?!!?!? Amazing.

Anesthesiology (9)
Child Neurology (2)
Dermatology (1)
EM (18)

FM (44)
  18. Sierra Vista Arizona

IM Categorical (45)
IM Prelim (5)

Neurology (3)

OBGYN (4)

Ophthalmology (2)

Orthopedic Surgery (5)

Otolaryngology (2)

Peds (18)

PM&R (6)

Psychiatry (11)

TY (14)
Urology (1)
Nice list overall. Good to see matches at academic hospitals throughout, especially in IM and peds!

Any word on the Touro CA match list? Currently deciding between them and CCOM!

Any word on the Touro CA match list? Currently deciding between them and CCOM!
honestly CCOM's tuition is enough for me to say no to them LOL and I say this as someone who's lived in Chicago my entire life

honestly CCOM's tuition is enough for me to say no to them LOL and I say this as someone who's lived in Chicago my entire life

Pretty sure Touro’s tuition is similar…

Pretty sure Touro’s tuition is similar…
Based on an excel spreadsheet I saw on their website, touro CA charges 59K for tuition (not including the other cost of attendance fees) and CCOM charges 76K, as stated on midwestern's website. They're both expensive, yeah, but CCOM is harder to justify despite its best efforts to claim that it is.

Does anyone have the list for UNE? Trying to decide between UNE and other DO programs as an incoming student.

Based on an excel spreadsheet I saw on their website, touro CA charges 59K for tuition (not including the other cost of attendance fees) and CCOM charges 76K, as stated on midwestern's website. They're both expensive, yeah, but CCOM is harder to justify despite its best efforts to claim that it is.
Looking at the COA sheets, tuition for CCOM is higher but estimated cost of living is more for Touro CA. CCOM is still a bit more expensive, but the difference isn't as large as it initially appears

I've heard that CCOM is a good school, but for anyone reading this I must warn you that you'll be living in Chicago with a high COL on top of a nearly 80k tuition.

At the end of the day, I think you have to think long and hard about how much debt you're willing to take on and realize that it will only go up as the insane federal student loan interest rates likely will resume soon.

My apologies I don't mean to derail this thread, but congratulations to everyone that matched! A special S/O of those of you from KCU, I geniunely look up to you guys as a second year here.

I've heard that CCOM is a good school, but for anyone reading this I must warn you that you'll be living in Chicago with a high COL on top of a nearly 80k tuition.

At the end of the day, I think you have to think long and hard about how much debt you're willing to take on and realize that it will only go up as the insane federal student loan interest rates likely will resume soon.

My apologies I don't mean to derail this thread, but congratulations to everyone that matched! A special S/O of those of you from KCU, I geniunely look up to you guys as a second year here.

I recently interviewed at CCOM and it seems like a great program, but the cost is prohibitively expensive :( I wish it was a little more accessible to students like me, who come from a very modest background.

I recently interviewed at CCOM and it seems like a great program, but the cost is prohibitively expensive :( I wish it was a little more accessible to students like me, who come from a very modest background.
Try to get some scholarships to alleviate the loan burden if that ends up being your only acceptance.