DMU vs TOURO NV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chicken_27

Reaction score
I already put a seat deposit at Touro back in December since it was my top choice out of the other acceptances I have. I got accepted at DMU last week and my seat deposit is due tomorrow...... so I need to think about whether or not I like it better than Touro.

I've been in socal my whole life, interested in going out for school / rotations, but I do see myself settling back here down the line. I honestly don't know that many details about each school, so any advice would be super helpful.

My main concern is matching & rotations. It seems like DMU rotation sites are pretty far out? Would you stay at a site year-long or just rotate monthly even if its far? Can any students comment on this? As Touro, they all seem pretty good driving distance within Vegas. As for residency, I have no idea what I'm interested in.... I know with DO I'll probably end up in family med or ob/gyn but I do have slight interest in derm and I noticed some matched into that at Touro

TOURO

Pros

-P/F

-non-mandatory lectures & no dress code

-nearby rotations

-generally hear that their students are happy

-weather conditions that I can get used to as a socal resident

Cons

-not sure how "good" of a school this is, I always hear mixed things

-the building itself..

-not sure if I like the area that much

DMU

Pros

-One of the OG schools, great reputation & history, established

-absolutely love their new campus & how modern it is

-more opportunities overall it seems like

Cons

-Letter grade

-I don't know much about the area! But never imagined myself in IA and not sure how being in the snow will be for me

-rotations seem quite far and I hate driving

-heard that school is not very helpful when it comes to rotations

Members don't see this ad.

P/F and convenient rotations make Touro NV seem like the better choice. If you dislike driving, it will be much worse when it is in the snow. Many Californians end up at Touro NV as well.

Reactions: 1 user