Diversity essay, ahh!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

faerie62

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So uh, could I get some feedback on these two ideas...? xD
#1: Could talk about being bi + raised by incredibly conservative/Asian parents and dealing with the conflicting values between myself and my family.
#2: I write fiction (I haven't published anything, though I am minoring in creative writing) and uh, I play roleplaying games as a hobby. I've a leadership position in my school's D&D club. I was going to talk about how these two hobbies introduced me to a lot of people with diverse interests, etc. but not sure how the gaming hobby would be perceived.

Please don't eat me I'm usually just a lurker on these forums..

[E] and also, is there anyone out there who would be interested in swapping essays for review? :0

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, 1 is way better.

Reactions: 1 users
So uh, could I get some feedback on these two ideas...? xD
#1: Could talk about being bi + raised by incredibly conservative/Asian parents and dealing with the conflicting values between myself and my family.
#2: I write fiction (I haven't published anything, though I am minoring in creative writing) and uh, I play roleplaying games as a hobby. I've a leadership position in my school's D&D club. I was going to talk about how these two hobbies introduced me to a lot of people with diverse interests, etc. but not sure how the gaming hobby would be perceived.

Please don't eat me I'm usually just a lurker on these forums..

[E] and also, is there anyone out there who would be interested in swapping essays for review? :0
#1 all the way. Gotta show off that resilience.

#2 is too likely to have readers question your maturity.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Concur with the others. I’d be happy to read your essay if you PM me.

I can also take a look, #1 is better

Thank you guys for the feedback and the offers! I'll definitely take you 2 up on it when I'm done :)

Apologies for the double post but actually I can't PM either of you xD Would there be anyone else willing to look over my essay? <3 I'd greatly appreciate.